February 18, 2012 - The Beginning

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Howdy Fellow PAFF (Pinball Arcade Fan Forum) Members,

2-18-2016 will be the 4th anniversary for this first-rate "Pinball Arcade Fan Forum". It is also the release month of The Pinball Arcade base version.

Thanks you Gord Lacey for creating, sustaining and giving us a safe place to socially discuss The Pinball Arcade, other pinball simulations and real pinball. I and many of us also enjoy the "Community Thought" section of the forum where we can express ourselves outside the realm of pinball

I also want humbly thank all the "Forum Moderators" past and present for keeping this forum a sane place to discuss TPA, Pinball and aspects of our lives. This is my only social presence on the web because I feel safe. Again Mods, you have my gratitude.

To all PAFF members (past & present), you are awesome. This forum has been lively and vibrant since I joined in Dec. of 2012. That's when I received my tablet as a gift, searched the "Play Store" for "Fun House" and I found TPA. Then I found this first-class forum when I Googled TPA.

This forum and The Pinball Arcade have made a big positive difference in this disabled "Teeks" life....Thank-you.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi Frank,

Nice post, didn't actually know the start date of these forums. I joined in july of 2012, a bit late to the start of the party, let's say fashionably so :). I'm of the same mind when it comes to this site: the best (digital) pinball related forum that I know of, especially because of the friendly atmosphere. Also my thanks to everyone involved in keeping this place up and tidy!

What exactly is a "Teek" though? The only reference I could find is this one: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teek_(species) and although I see a slight resemblance on the hair side of things, is it also a reference to something else? It may be my non-American, non-native English background that makes me not get this one.... :)

wolfson

May 24, 2013

2-18-2016 will be the 4th anniversary for this first-rate "Pinball Arcade Fan Forum". It is also the release month of The Pinball Arcade base version.

Thanks you Gord Lacey for creating, sustaining and giving us a safe place to socially discuss The Pinball Arcade, other pinball simulations and real pinball. I and many of us also enjoy the "Community Thought" section of the forum where we can express ourselves outside the realm of pinball

I also want humbly thank all the "Forum Moderators" past and present for keeping this forum a sane place to discuss TPA, Pinball and aspects of our lives. This is my only social presence on the web because I feel safe. Again Mods, you have my gratitude.

To all PAFF members (past & present), you are awesome. This forum has been lively and vibrant since I joined in Dec. of 2012. That's when I received my tablet as a gift, searched the "Play Store" for "Fun House" and I found TPA. Then I found this first-class forum when I Googled TPA.

This forum and The Pinball Arcade have made a big positive difference in this disabled "Teeks" life....Thank-you.
MontanaFrank,always love reading your articles they always make me smile.in Australia we got the base game in September or was it August.it`s been fun ever since.i also really enjoy our forum !!! :cool:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

This is hard to put...

Frank, it's so very inspiring the way you see this forum. Once you think about it, we are all the same. I've come here to report bugs for IOS, and that's how I got started on PAFF. And then I realized there were a bunch of people just like me. You ever up for a chat in the chat room?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I've come here to report bugs for IOS, and that's how I got started on PAFF. And then I realized there were a bunch of people just like me.

90% of the PAF forums members came here for the first time to report a bug (for my part, the input lag on PS3). :D And then, I realized too there where a bunch of people just like me... reporting bugs.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Hi Frank,

Nice post, didn't actually know the start date of these forums. I joined in july of 2012, a bit late to the start of the party, let's say fashionably so :). I'm of the same mind when it comes to this site: the best (digital) pinball related forum that I know of, especially because of the friendly atmosphere. Also my thanks to everyone involved in keeping this place up and tidy!

What exactly is a "Teek" though? The only reference I could find is this one: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teek_(species) and although I see a slight resemblance on the hair side of things, is it also a reference to something else? It may be my non-American, non-native English background that makes me not get this one.... :)

I read on Yahoo a couple of months ago that millennial calls old people "Teeks" short for Antique. I like the mantle better than what we used to call older people in my youth. I never wanted to be a "Fuddy Duddy". I will take the mantle of "Old Fart". I like that one too.

Hopes that helps [MENTION=896]Slam23[/MENTION]

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
This is hard to put...

Frank, it's so very inspiring the way you see this forum. Once you think about it, we are all the same. I've come here to report bugs for IOS, and that's how I got started on PAFF. And then I realized there were a bunch of people just like me. You ever up for a chat in the chat room?

It's been a long time since I've been in chat. I got turned off around a year ago. There was a time when the chat room became unruly for a time. There were some hard/hurt feelings and I am not that kind of person. When I'm introduced, my friends call the one the nicest persons on earth. Making people smile make me happy, even if I make a fool out of myself making them laugh.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
The one group of forum members that I forgot to thank last night are all the FarSight employees, past and present, who were and are part of this forum.

Thanks guys for being part of this forum, reading our posts and helping us clear up an issue when you are able.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
90% of the PAF forums members came here for the first time to report a bug (for my part, the input lag on PS3). :D And then, I realized too there where a bunch of people just like me... reporting bugs.

I never knew that about you man.

My very first one wasn't so much of a bug, but a eeekjjk!!! What the hell is going on?.

Yeah, for iOS a long time ago when they added icade, if you clicked on it, you'd get a keyboard that had no exit button. Therefor, crashing the game. I was so stoked to be the first one to notice. But I literally went and bought a Bluetooth keyboard just so I could get out of that screen :(

wolfson

May 24, 2013
It's been a long time since I've been in chat. I got turned off around a year ago. There was a time when the chat room became unruly for a time. There were some hard/hurt feelings and I am not that kind of person. When I'm introduced, my friends call the one the nicest persons on earth. Making people smile make me happy, even if I make a fool out of myself making them laugh.
MontanaFrank,don`t worry,at sometime we all have FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE,and make GALLAHS of ourselves,makes me laugh !!! :cool:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
MontanaFrank,don`t worry,at sometime we all have FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE,and make GALLAHS of ourselves,makes me laugh !!! :cool:

Still would like to see you in chat! You think I'm rowdy now?

:) but I still talk about pinball :)

Another beer perhaps! How do I still have a job? Ah whatever

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I read on Yahoo a couple of months ago that millennial calls old people "Teeks" short for Antique. I like the mantle better than what we used to call older people in my youth. I never wanted to be a "Fuddy Duddy". I will take the mantle of "Old Fart". I like that one too.

Hopes that helps [MENTION=896]Slam23[/MENTION]

Yup, got it! Still think the hair thing was spot on....just kidding!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Yup, got it! Still think the hair thing was spot on....just kidding!

The Teek on Endor has hair on the head, I don't. Beard is about right though and personality: I am very shy but once someone gets to know me, I am playful and little mischievous, always in a good way.

Thanks for infor Slam23

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Always great having ya on here Frank :) and ALL my fellow pinball lovers

O.T: loved that Young Frankenstein clip in the music vid thread! Easily a top 5 all time movie for me.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Nice write up there, Frank.

Good to put a date to things. I found the forum in March of '12, and to say it and TPA have had an affect on what I do in my free time is putting it mildly! And yeah, we got a lot of good people in our forum that make it a pleasure to check in on everyday.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
For four years, TPA has been the one game I always look forward to. I've now got access to tables I might otherwise never see again-for life. Congrats to FarSight for making it this far too. Lots of loyal fans. Thanks to you all for bearing with this grumpy old man. Now where'd I put my Geritol?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.