Finally.... 2 hours later and 8 billion in change...

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
I finally feel good about a TZ score... 3 LIZ contributed to it and untold multiballs. #4 in the ranking @ 8.1 billion and I am sure that will fall in coming weeks. I needed another couple billion to crack that 10 billion club. 8 billion was only worth 600+ HOF points... What does it take to get a 1000? I think it may be time to move on for me to another game.

ScottW

Dec 4, 2012
Yes, I can confirm that a score of 12+ billion gets you 1000 HoF points.

Twilight%20Zone%2013%20Billion.png

I'm not sure how long my high score will last, but I'm going to enjoy it while it does.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd like to know what the average scores are for each table. I'm guessing most of you are in the top 5% of TPA players. I don't think it's is too easy for the majority of players. There is no arguing about the ease compared to the real tables. Which I guess is the point you are all making. Would be nice if there was a setting option to keep the better players from getting bored.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'd like to know what the average scores are for each table. I'm guessing most of you are in the top 5% of TPA players. I don't think it's is too easy for the majority of players. There is no arguing about the ease compared to the real tables. Which I guess is the point you are all making. Would be nice if there was a setting option to keep the better players from getting bored.
Statistics for Twilight Zone:

Scores:
High score: 13.042B
10th score: 7.068B
25th score: 5.516B
50th score: 4.273B
100th score: 3.189B
250th score: 2.171B
500th score: 1.597B
1,000th score: 881M
2,500th score: 375M
5,000th score: 87M

Percentiles:
25th: 460M
50th: 822M
75th: 1.340B
90th: 1.957B
95th: 2.399B
99th: 3.383B

And yes, there are a lot of familiar names in the top 500. :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just to throw my hat in I have to agree with TZ being way too easy, I'm not comparing to a real table just other TPA tables. I would go as far as to say its the easiest table on TPA, even easier than Scared Stiff. There's no point starting a game unless you have at least 1/2 hour to spare and that may be no where near enough time. Even worse is the fact that nudging on iPad is near useless so with decent nudging on ps3/Xbox games will probably go on indefinitely.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Just to throw my hat in I have to agree with TZ being way too easy, I'm not comparing to a real table just other TPA tables. I would go as far as to say its the easiest table on TPA, even easier than Scared Stiff.

I'd say the easiest one is Harley-Davidson. That's the only one where, with my skill level, a game is likely to go on long enough to bore me.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Are these scores just on Android or all mobile platforms including iOS? I'd be interested to see them broken down further. Not sure I agree TZ is too easy as sometimes I can play and lose all 3 balls in under 2 minutes. But then maybe I don't play enough.

Due to the limitations with nudging I never bother when playing on my nexus 7 - it's also why I don't buy more tables on android. Serious play is only ever going to happen on the Xbox or PC. Becoming a little disillusioned with the whole situation really. No DLC and what we have is too buggy. Taking a break from all things TPA until the new year.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
cya soon bud....you will be back;) console release cycles have nver had the momentum nor ease of mobile platfoms i feel the nudge hurt but what can ya do?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Are these scores just on Android or all mobile platforms including iOS? I'd be interested to see them broken down further. Not sure I agree TZ is too easy as sometimes I can play and lose all 3 balls in under 2 minutes. But then maybe I don't play enough.
If you're speaking of the scores I posted, those are from both iOS and Android. What did you want to know breakdown-wise? I can't divide them by platform as the leaderboards don't tell me what device a given person used, but I should be able to tell you anything you want to know regarding the distribution of the top 3000 scores or so.

As far as losing all 3 balls in 2 minutes, the real TZ can be like that. I've been known to play a 700M game and then turn around and get 60M next game. Very good for keeping one's ego in check, but also quite frustrating.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Looking at what Sean was kind enough to compile, I would guess that anyone at about place 1,000 or better has hit lost in the zone. Is that out of line with the major goals on the other TPA tables? I don't know.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I'm quite competitive and I much prefer the Xbox as the number of different variables when comparing other scores is limited. With the mobile platform there are too many different devices to accurately compare scores and compete fairly.

ref TZ : Into the Zone was achieved after a couple of plays. Whereas beating the King of Payne on MM took me months.

HiTechKoke

Sep 1, 2012
Good to see I drew out some discussion and a mega leader Scott at 13B! My take is yes the games can tend to be easier in the virtual world however it's the experience of that real game that makes it so sweet. Having spent an ungodly amount of time back in the day with TZ daily for lunch I could hit LIZ on a fairly regular basis but never a double or triple round. In the end though you have to survive the game online and avoid the pitfalls just like a real game. Overall with a few bug exceptions across games it's been a real thrill to play all my old favorites from the comfort of the couch or bedroom, train etc etc. The real sound clips bring back the memories over and over that those who have not played the game for real can't appreciate as well. It's all good. I would love to see the breakdown of scores by platform as well as it seems some platforms are easier than others. I play on an iPad3 exclusively.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.