Firepower thoughts

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
Finally broke down and bought it, eh SS?

I'm holding off until they can hopefully get it ROM emulated. Too many bugs as is.

Why would they update the already released ps3 version of the table though since Bobby told you they can't patch DLC itself and patching the main game is also not likely?

[because you can't update the main program else the updates get to big because microsoft has a limit.. even though sony makes the ps3 and not microsoft and yet for some reason Farsight applies that draconian policy to the ps3 version for what reason I don't know]

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
[because you can't update the main program else the updates get to big because microsoft has a limit.. even though sony makes the ps3 and not microsoft and yet for some reason Farsight applies that draconian policy to the ps3 version for what reason I don't know]

In the latest interview Bobby said that Sony discourages (I think that was the word, or something like it) developers from shifting DLC resources to game updates.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Does lane change work for anybody on Firepower? I bought it this morning and was depressed to discover that lane change just... doesn't. No amount of flipping or pushing any buttons at all gets those darn F-I-R-E lights to rotate. It works fine on iPad.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Is your controller showing #1 someone else had this issue of not lane changing but thier controller was activated as not #1

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
The pop bumpers are indeed garbage on this version, and I've gotten the "game won't end" glitch multiple times. Otherwise Firepower works pretty well though.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
You get the kickback to to shoot to the right outlane or shoot to the right sling just to rebound back to the now unlit left outlane?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Was the gme ending bug (end of ball score loop) still present in 2.12?
I don't have the heart to try this again until I know for sure.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Just seen something new the 1-3 and 4-6 lights wouldn't light up after contact, they weren't even blinking just the 5 was constantly on.
good stuff heddhunter.
I just tacked on another 2mill. on my already #1 score now at 5mill. +

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
pop bumpers barely work
kickout shoots to the right outlane when you need it not too or to the right slingshot rebounding back to the left outlane
balls hitting the slingshot activated it but ball keeps traveling current dirrection
50% of the time you hit 2 slingshots its out

The table looks and sounds good to bad its frustrating as hell once you you play it.

Uggh those slingshots....this happens so much to me. And the first time the left kickout shot it to the right outlane ...I thought it was a fluke...but it happens every so often. But those slingshots are just brutal....everytime I have a good run going and the ball comes down towards them I just cringe, knowing its going to hit from one over to the other and rebound to an outlane lightning fast. I haven't been able to figure out how to stop that yet. I've actually had it hit the slings, hit the left kickout, shoot to the right outlane!! My current high is 950,930 which of course I got while my standard goals were still active and now, due to those slingshots not going my way, i havn't got over the 750,000 wizard goal since, lol.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.