First impressions on "Whodunnit"

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
First, I really like the "Peter Gunn" theme song. The jazzy-nightclubby-bluesy music is nice, too. The play can be fast but if I can get used to BK2K, I can deal with it. Too bad about Trixie, though. I'm gonna miss her...

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Just tried out the PC version , hope it comes out soon on PS3 /Vita , like Black Rose another one I find appealing . Great theme , great execution of theme , and similar to Twilight Zone , but felt like more fun to play than TZ.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Fun game I got the update last night at 10:00 pm and put it on all my devices. I like the high scoring in it and enjoy playing the roulette wheel. It also seems extra ball friendly and I like getting to select the extra ball as an option sometimes! I was able to put up a 5th place and 4th place high score on my leaderboard so I was happy about that. I had to reset all my completed goals on The Pinball Arcade earlier today I messed up my login account on The Pinball Arcade site so had to register a new email. Gives me motivation to play more often and I plan on playing it all day today. I would say WHO Dunnit is probably not my favorite table but it is pretty decent and something new to work on. Also I like the shower scene in the game one of my favorite parts of it for sure! ;)

Last edited:

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Did you buy pro version? Is it worth it over the regular..

I have yet to buy the pro version of any of the tables. First of all, it's eight bucks. Probably not a lot of money for some, but my transplant meds ain't cheap. And I really don't have the desire to tinker.

thinkhector

Mar 15, 2014
This game definitely has a a lot of style and uniqueness. I was very surprised by "Midnight Mode" when that turned on. I looked up at my clock to check the time and was thinking, "This can't be a coincidence?" You could have played this pin a lot at the arcades and never have discovered it. From the elevator ramps to the murder intro, everything about this game screams originality. (Except for the fact that it is obviously based off the board game CLUE.) The game is on the easy side with lots of extra balls and ridiculously high scores, but is scoring the main draw? I think this is one of the only pins where you want to complete all of the objectives more than even getting the high score. I think it's innate, I mean, who doesn't like a good mystery?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I agree with pretty much everything thinkhector stated above. This might become my new just relaxing with a game or two pin.

And welcome to the forum thinkhector.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
This game definitely has a a lot of style and uniqueness. I was very surprised by "Midnight Mode" when that turned on. I looked up at my clock to check the time and was thinking, "This can't be a coincidence?" You could have played this pin a lot at the arcades and never have discovered it. From the elevator ramps to the murder intro, everything about this game screams originality. (Except for the fact that it is obviously based off the board game CLUE.) The game is on the easy side with lots of extra balls and ridiculously high scores, but is scoring the main draw? I think this is one of the only pins where you want to complete all of the objectives more than even getting the high score. I think it's innate, I mean, who doesn't like a good mystery?

It's the originality that I like. Scoring is kinda like the German mark before the war...has anyone caught their initials on the slot machine yet? And, welcome, thinkhector.

Feb 19, 2014
Just because Trixie was nosing around in some guys personal affairs and she "turned into a beautiful woman" according to her stalker, does not mean she killed her Butler.

This defective is a joke. Trixie was clearly framed. I mean just because someone tells you they have an alibi you let them go!!?? How bout you tell me what the alibi was!

On a serious note. My balls keep getting stuck in the shooter lane during MB. Also I find this table hard, and slow :/

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I just found the Super Skill Shot and I would say to pull the plunger at about the same rate as the Black Rose skill shot. The ball ends up at the end of the train track but watch for the release of the ball it may go in the drain.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Regarding the detective and the murders, I wish the clues were more in line with who is the murderer. I know very little about programming, but is that possible? You know, kinda like a flow chart- if/then, yes/no. I hit the Skill Shot a couple of times, by accident the first time. And the funniest thing happened:a ball went thru the flippers really fast....and kept going, right thru to the floor. It looked like the machine, uh, dropped a load. It was hilarious...

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Is that 'catch a killer' wizard goal bugged? Cause it doesn't seem to be registering. I had the same thing happen with CBW. Sweetspot. It eventually worked, I just gotta keep at it. Also it's tough to nudge the ball out of the outlanes (maybe its the same on the real table). It's kinda cool that SS has a callback to WhoDunnit. I wonder if there's any hidden cows. I'm curious about that midnight mode

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
"and then, i saw Lady Jackpot in all her beauty..."

Note that you can catch the real killer on the roof without making an accusation, if you play every other floor but penthouse (that one is optional). It's still Trixie. So every case closed definitely has the real killer.

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
I wonder why some of my best scores on any table happen the first time I play them without knowing any rules or hazards? Later I have to struggle to get scores anywhere near that. Of course I get there eventually but not until after I've learned and practiced it a long time. Nowhere has this been more evident than on this table (which I love) where I scored over 2 billion on my first game and now struggling to make one billion.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.