First Impressions

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i love all the EMs . i look at it this way , you buy it and you can play it as much as you like ,unlike in real life when you go home with only peanuts and a bit of gum in your pockets and no money !!! :cool:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i love all the EMs . i look at it this way , you buy it and you can play it as much as you like ,unlike in real life when you go home with only peanuts and a bit of gum in your pockets and no money !!! :cool:

What the dingo said, have a good Xmas wolfson

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
Finally beat the rollover goal with 243k. I got to 190k on ball 3 and my heart was thumping hoping I wouldn't brick the middle shot two more times and screw up the last two balls. Done! Man, this table is an ass-kicker but I really enjoy it! It rewards patience that's for sure.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Finally got the 200k (finished in 212k) as well, had an epic ball 4 (120k+!!) and started ball 5 on 183k, a few sweaty palms before getting the saucer shot that scored the final points.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
For those that have 200+. What are your strategies. Having scored 175 twice ive now gone 2h with out getting close.
This morning I spent 1h and I only got 1 ball over 45k. Some choice highlights include not a single abcde award, a left outlane save via nudge that immediatly hit the center bumper and went straight back down left outlane and A triple centre drain near miss that finally exited via a bumper bounce up round the u bend and straight back down around and out the centre hole.

:(

Pod

P. S every time I try to focus on the saucer once I have 5 lights lit I can get a maxium of 3-4 hits before I get a bad kick out or miss time the return shot and insta-outlane drain!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well it took me 3 or 4 hours to get the 200k. That's on PC. I'm nowhere near on my tablet, I can't really pull off that long of a session on a tablet.

My main strategy was to just keep shooting for the saucer, no matter how many stars I had lit. Shooting the ball up to the top for the 1/2/3/4 stars will result in a really wild ball coming back down, which is bad for business. Keep the ball slow and down low.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Hum. Maybe I should switch to pc then. So far I've only played this on my phone as I'm currently chasing fathoms bonus goal on my pc version.
The other issue is I get very little time for pc :(

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The big advantage I have on PC is I have a controller with analog nudging. That's very helpful. On my tablet, it's an all-or-nothing nudge and there are times when you don't want that.

Some tables that's not so much of an issue, but Spanish Eyes having finer nudge control seems to me to be a game-changer.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I use kb even on pc. It's still easier than mobile as activating nudges is quicker and less prone to errors.
Shot options are also slightly more varied due to consistent frame rate etc.

I really should use a pad I guess for some tables. My genie score is 1.9m and I wonder if lack of analogue nudge is holding me back. Especially when the ball drops into the left area.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Perhaps but at least 50% of the plunged balls don't drain without the ability to do anything about it :)

strells

Oct 7, 2014
If you use a controller with a mobile device, do you get the more fine-grained nudging mentioned, like you would on a PC?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I assume you do, if the controller has analog sticks. But... why on earth anyone would want to use a controller with a mobile device is beyond me, if I put it down it's because I want to free up my hands for doing something other than using said device....

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I assume you do, if the controller has analog sticks. But... why on earth anyone would want to use a controller with a mobile device is beyond me, if I put it down it's because I want to free up my hands for doing something other than using said device....

Exactly. I was just wondering if it might help me with this goal. I managed to get the 60K on one ball, but I'm far from 200K.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I can try at the weekend but I'm of the same opinion. If I'm on mobile it's usually because I'm in a situation where I can't use a pad. Mostly train journeys etc

Had another 165k game last night. That's now 5 165k+ games in total

And just to remind me how brutal this table is. Got 145 in 3 balls. Then insta drain 1.2k and a 8k final ball. **** you Spanish eyes!

Last edited:

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
204k on android. Helped on ball 5 by getting only my second abcde award in about 5h.

My strategy was the same as other people. Try to get 4-5lights Lit on the first ball and the go for the saucer. Safest shot seemed to be to try and roll the ball slowly up the flipper from a vertical bounce so it just goes up onto the plastic. Then shot the saucer as it rolls down. Takes some feel and experiance to judge the right timing for each situation but getting it wrong seemed slightly more forgiving than other methods.
From a kickout most will deadbounce off the right flipper. Over a raised left and then up off the center pop. 80% of those can be nudged into the above strat. Luck is needed for all the other options.

Good luck everyone else.

Pod

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Bloody hell. Must be my lucky hour. Just followed it up by getting the 250k launch bonus on f14 tomcat!

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
Since nobody posted videos yet, I'll do that here.

This can be a tough goal because the table is very sensitive to nudging, the flippers are in a strange configuration, and the outlanes are brutal! I found the key to scoring quickly on this table is to light up a bunch of number targets and then keep hitting the center hole. You can also score 5k points per shot by hitting the mini-loop but I found it difficult to maintain control using that technique. When the ball ejects from the center hole you can almost always trap it back on the right flipper, then rinse and repeat. There are occasionally releases from the center hole that are a bit different, but usually still relatively easy to handle However, there is one release that if you try to trap on the right flipper will just bounce into the outlane! This one is tricky and you really just need to watch for the speed of the release before trying to trap the ball in that case. One thing to keep in mind is that if you happen to light up all 6 number targets then you score 6k points per shot to the center hole. However, if you hit the mini loop then it resets all your targets. This happened to me in this game and I had to relight them. For this reason, I try to limit the lit numbers to a max of 5 for 5k per shot. I accidentally lit the 6th in this video and paid the price!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.