First Reactions

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'm ashamed to say that I'm going to be prejudiced against any German accented cowboys I come across through the natural path that's life after my initial experiences with this table.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Whatever, you guys. I'm having fun with this one. I've always been a fan and I'm glad that it finally made its way to TPA.

I like it because I just think it's a fun experience. I get the same feeling when I play this that I do when I play a game like Party Zone or EATPM. Maybe not my favorites from a rules perspective, but just the overall feel of the game is fun and exciting to me.

Oh, and I'm not bothered by the polka band in a western bar theme, either. That's kind of the point. The bar patrons are mad about the German cactus dudes, which is why they start throwing fruit at them.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
I was hoping all those lights in the center circle meant there was a lot to do. Alas...

Oh well, it's much better than Bone Busters. That table's so messed up it somehow screws with my depth perception.

3.5/10

And the next table is SWORDS OF FURY, so it's hard to be too mad!

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Tables looks ok, but playing it is not really fun. Quick drains via outlanes and SDTM, no ballsaver at all.
Shots are hard to aim for, never got to the latest fruit yet.
I will play some older tables instead of this one.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
My wife was a little confused on why there was a new pinball table release and I didn't spent 4 hours playing it the night it came out.

Another god-awful Gottlieb.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I like the music, especially the main theme. Callouts are silly and stupid but funny. Shots and tuning is pretty ok. Ruleset is lacking as it's too exploitable in the long run and doesn't reward playing the main game features like collecting fruit and throwing it at band during multiball. But it's fun to complete the wiz goals, which are based on maxing all features out. Then I guess if you're up for a grind you can go for 999 million, which I think pretty much anyone can reach once you figure it out.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
My wife was a little confused on why there was a new pinball table release and I didn't spent 4 hours playing it the night it came out.

Another god-awful Gottlieb.

If I had a wife, she'd wonder why I didn't even buy it right away

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
So far I am enjoying this one - the tuning is definitely hard, it plays like a real pinball table (like BSD) with hungry outlanes and lots of straight down the middle drains, and house balls, which is something that for me adds long-term appeal to a table, perversely.

When a table is tuned to easily in TPA (i.e. No Good Gofers, Theatre of Magic, MSF, Last Action Hero and so many others) I seem to just get "in the zone" and the adrenaline never really kicks in - after a while I'm thinking, "when will this be over?". It's much more rewarding to have a game on BSD or Big Shot or F-14 or Diner, or now Cactus Jacks, where when your game actually continues for 4 or 5 minutes and you get something to happen, the tension is so much higher, nudging is so much more important, it elevates the game to another level.

So I think CJ is one that I will be coming back to.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
If I had a wife, she'd wonder why I didn't even buy it right away

Heh....Well, I bought the season pass, so it's unfortunately part of the collection. I'd rather play *GASP* Bone Busters. Ok, maybe not, it's more of a toss-up.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I hate it but I keep playing it. It's already gotten way more plays than Bone Busters or Big Hurt so maybe I don't HATE it.

MattyLadd

Jul 1, 2015
Playing on iOS. Extra balls are not registering. I earn them (and standard goal), but only get 3 balls per play. Anyone else seeing this? Also, wizard goals: 3.5m bonus and throwing watermelon didn't register when earned.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Playing on iOS. Extra balls are not registering. I earn them (and standard goal), but only get 3 balls per play. Anyone else seeing this?

Haven't noticed this on PC.

Also, wizard goals: 3.5m bonus and throwing watermelon didn't register when earned.

I haven't had a 3.5m bonus yet, but throwing a watermelon registered for me. Again, on PC.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
It was on an earlier build during the beta that I noticed Extra Balls being turned off. They were later fixed, but only for the PC version, supposedly.

Yeah, in the Android beta the table was set to "Novelty" mode so it wasn't giving out EBs. It was correctly set to "Replay" mode for the final build on Android and PC, I guess it got missed in the iOS build.

geohoo

May 31, 2013
no extra balls on iOS. Hope they fix it soon. I always lived for extra balls more than free games. Also, not awarding hof points. My opinion of the game is that it is only fair, even for a gotlieb. Saying it's better than BB isn't saying much.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Yup. Extra balls do not register(the standard extra ball goal does) though. No HOF points given.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Horrible tuning, coming from one who has played the real table.

In real life getting the jacks pot is a STANDARD goal at best, and i collect it repeatedly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.