First Table

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I was just curious, what was the first table that you can remember playing and what was the first table you ever got for your home?

The first table I can remember playing was at a small town bar when I was a kid and it was 1972 Gottlieb's World Series, I know it was a baseball theme table and I think from the pics of the table that it was the one.

Unfortunately I have never owned a real pinball table, mostly cause of the amount of room I have, money, and places to purchase a table are limited around me. Though I have read that getting an early SS table(late 70's/early 80's) is the way to go.

Found out my niece's husband has a Flash Gordon table he got for about $800 a few years ago. Too bad they live far away from me. :(

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Playing - Funhouse when it was new in 1990 at a local Pizza Hut. I probably had played something before that but FH was the one I remember.

Owned - Terminator 2 in 2006. The only game I ever owned that actually worked at the time when I bought it. :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Playing - either Paragon or Space Invaders; both were in the same arcade at the campsite my family owned, and where I spent most of my summers. There was also a Williams(?) EM called Stardust, but I don't recall playing that. That would have been in 1980/81 or so.

Owned - does one of those stupid cheap plastic "pinball" games count? Because that's about it as far as ownership goes so far....

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Playing - the ones I can remember most from my early childhood are Evel Knievel, Capt Fantastic, Eight Ball (Fonzie), Spirit of 76, Surf Champ, and Fireball. I'm sure I played others first, but this is what I remember probably because they sold a lot of these titles and they were very common.

Own - never owned a pin. Atari 2600 Pinball if you count digital.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
First table that I ever played: Raven

The table that got me into pinball: Rollergames

First table owned: I'm currently in the process of getting my very first (and probably only) pinball machine, which will be Rollergames.

FrankenBall

Feb 20, 2015
First Table Played : Williams Little Chief at the Ground Round restaurant in Morton Grove IL 1976ish
First Table Owned: Stern Ghostbusters Pro obtained May 2017 v1.13 code.:cool:

Last edited:

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
There were two at the local rollerskate rink back around 1979 - '80: Bally's KISS and Nitro Ground Shaker. I tried them both but wasn't very good (being just a child).
The one that got me into pinball was Data East's Phantom of the Opera, say 1991, at the local arcade in the mall. Soon followed by Williams' Funhouse and Black Knight 2000; and I was hooked.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
The first pin I can recall playing was a Future Spa. There might have been a couple of EMs before then but I was too young to remember them.

The first ones I played with any skill and intent were a Gorgar and then a Black Knight. They got me hooked.

First game I owned was a Fathom, which I regret ever selling, to this day. Sold it when I got my own Black Knight and thought it'd be crazy to own TWO pinballs. Little did I know... ;)

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
First I recall: Banzai Run, Comet, Haunted House at the Balboa Fun Zone on the beach boardwalk in SoCal.

First owned: Firepower. Not by design, but because it suddenly was available and very cheap. Playable for a month, tore it apart, still in pieces 3 1/2 years later, but closing in on putting it back together. If I were to have my way, Rollergames or Whirlwind would be the tables I'd purchase. Money no object, TAF, Metallica, or 2 NBA Fastbreaks linked.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
The first pinball table that I played was *definitely* "Spirit of '76". It was in the corner of a small convenience store within walking distance of my house. I would often "volunteer" to run errands to the store to have an excuse to play it!

Members of my family own real "Attack from Mars" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation" machines. For space reasons I own a VPCabs "Vertigo" which gives me a "taste" of the good ol' days ...

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
An actual VPCabs owner! Tell us what you think of it.

Hey! Sorry I didn’t see this question until now!

For the most part I’m very impressed with the “Vertigo”. It serves my purpose in providing me with a taste of real pinball in a compact space. I went all out with mine with both the PC Upgrade and the joystick and trackball controls option.

I have purchased most seasons for both TPA and SPA via Steam for it, am using the NoEX mod with TPA.

Phil_194

Jul 9, 2017
Well... first table I played in real life was Stern's Buck Hunter down at an amusements place by the sea, that was something like 3-4 years ago. I had a very poor experience with it, however I knew it was just a case of persevering with the game of pinball. I later purchased a Hurricane pin for £995 plus a delivery charge from a decent bloke who lived several hours away, he helped me carry it up some stairs to my flat on the first floor. I'm currently saving up for my second machine, a virtual pinball cabinet.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
First table owned: I'm currently in the process of getting my very first (and probably only) pinball machine, which will be Rollergames.

And it's happening. TNT Amusements just found a Rollergames and will be reconditioning it. Love their work on their YouTube channel.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.