PS3 - Bug First time loading PBA in a while - What the heck happened?!

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
Had friends over last weekend, wanted to play PBA. After a 500mb download to update to the newest PBA version (which is fine) I discover:

I have to "upgrade" every single table pack individually?:mad:

I can't play tables I own until upgrading, effectively holding my tables hostage until doing so?:mad:

Some tables refuse to upgrade, giving the message "There are no items for you to purchase" in the PSN store?

What happened to my precious PBA? Good grief! I can't be the only one having these problems! :confused:

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
None of this is a bug as you put it. You need to redownload each dlc individually to play the massively improved tables.

Of course, this is all over this section of the forum so had you bothered to look, this thread wouldn't be necessary.

If some tables refuse to upgrade then there's nothing to upgrade.

acw-nf

May 17, 2012
Fine, fair enough. For the record, "Big Shot" claims an upgrade is availabe, however, PSN spits the "no items that you can purchase" error - so I'm locked out of Big Shot. Not sure if any others are kicking this error yet.

What a cumbersome upgrade process. I'd at least like the option to NOT upgrade if I want to play a quick game, even if it means no leaderboard update. I love PBA, but this is painful process!

callmethebreeze

Apr 17, 2014
Fine, fair enough. For the record, "Big Shot" claims an upgrade is availabe, however, PSN spits the "no items that you can purchase" error - so I'm locked out of Big Shot. Not sure if any others are kicking this error yet.

What a cumbersome upgrade process. I'd at least like the option to NOT upgrade if I want to play a quick game, even if it means no leaderboard update. I love PBA, but this is painful process!

This is my first post, but I was having the same trouble with Season 1 tables. I eventually had to download the table packs one at a time and after a couple days, I'm up to speed.

I also bought the Season 2 Pro pack like Monday. Did the download all thing, and I only got Tables 11-14. Then I started do the downloads one table at a time, and as of today, I'm good to go.

Yeah it was a little bit of a process, but now I'm enjoying all the games again.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

Its attitudes like this that made FarSight consider never updating the PS3 version. This was the only way they could do it. I believe that Sony tried to talk them out of it. I'm glad that they decided to go ahead and do it.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
We're lucky they did given the small ps3 fan base. But you get these people that are just never happy, and that's life. You just can't keep everyone happy. Someone always has a gripe with something.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
We're lucky they did given the small ps3 fan base. But you get these people that are just never happy, and that's life. You just can't keep everyone happy. Someone always has a gripe with something.

Do you think FS would appreciate receiving "thank you" cards in the (regular) mail? Of course need to make sure it's obvious they come from PS3 and/or VITA owners...

acw-nf

May 17, 2012

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Download the pack(from the store or the link in-game), install it from the XMB, launch TPA.

All tables are improved and run great!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts