For Duffers: The BASIC Goals You Just Can't Get

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
Recon Combo in Starship Troopers. Either it's a glitch that's not giving me the goal, or I actually have to hit both lanes, then the hole uninterrupted. Either way, it's the last standard goal I need, and it's ticking me off that I can't get it.

Welp, just found out it was the latter. Hit both ramps, then the hole interrupted. I have now done every standard goal to this point.

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I've never been any kind of champion pinball player. I just like playing pinball. I don't obsess over the goals, I just have fun playing them.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
There's another thread on easy vs hard wizard goals. Klutzes like me, who flail around a lot and can't nudge but have fun anyway, look at a thread like that and laugh. Wizard goals? Some of us can't get all the normal ones.

I'm not talking about the tables where I likely won't ever get all the normal goals because I don't like them and don't play them very often. I'm talking about tables I play quite a lot, CONSCIOUSLY trying to get that fifth star (as opposed to just farting around) and yet never quite get there. For example:

- Whodunnit: Complete a Super Skill Shot. Well, maybe I could if I could figure out HOW.

this takes practice but is doable. you have to plunge the lock hole
- Medieval Madness: Destroy two castles. I'm going to get this one one day if it kills me (and it might). I'm up to about a 70M game on this but I find the castle center shot is the hardest one on the table, the only one I can't make consistently.

try it from a trap.

- Safecracker: Collect a Cellar Award. You'd think I'd have done this by now so it must be something that takes special care to do.
there's a bug at work here. only the TOP award actually counts. if you complete the lanes it advances past it, and you do not get credit. only collecting the hot atm card counts for the goal.
- Tales of the Arabian Nights: Harem multiball.
This one is a pain. you can time out the orbit, but sometimes it refuses to time out. then you have to shoot the ramp instead, THEN the orbit.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Woo-hoo, physics 3.0 I love you. Just got the fast catch goal in the most beautiful way: live catch and then bam, in your face, fish, whatever!
Nice. Still feels a bit like cheating that I can do this so regularly now, but also feels great :) and therefore not too unrealistic.
Lightning flippers didn't loose their characteristics, which is pretty cool. Thanks FS, if you're reading this.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
are you directly hitting the gate dude? let it come out to the left flipper and hold and shoot for the far right it should come down safely enough try not to hit flippers at random watch how the ball bounces and youll be fine

invitro

May 4, 2012
Binary gender is so 20th century. We are all somewhere on the continuum between chick and dude, dude.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
lol youve never heard my voice either man, when it comes to pinball does it matter what sex you are? anyways dude is universal, dudette is just too much of a mouthful, if i have to type that much yer getting a nickname to sort that **** out

all this time youve been assuming i was a guy hahaha, would you have treated me any different, im one of them! its not because of my sparkling personality i showed them boobie pics and pretended they were intresting, its a girl thang

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
No, it doesn't matter. But I would marry a pinball girl on the spot. Actually I met a pinball girl my age in Colorado. Her favorite table is Family Guy. Her # is in my phone.kind of a basket case. And she lives like 6 states away lol. She was the one that brought up the subject of pinball which was weird.

invitro

May 4, 2012
No, it doesn't matter. But I would marry a pinball girl on the spot. Actually I met a pinball girl my age in Colorado. Her favorite table is Family Guy. Her # is in my phone.kind of a basket case. And she lives like 6 states away lol. She was the one that brought up the subject of pinball which was weird.
How many pinball machines does she own?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts