For the love of God! (bug frustrations)

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Again, in this scenario, this would be their problem to continue to release things without verification. I love FS for the effort they do, but keep in mind, this isn't a fan community or non profit we're talking about. We're talking about a company that lives and breathes by how much they can sell digital pinball, in a battlefield that has at least one other major competitor. The current strategy of keeping all fans in the dark always might stop from brush fires in the short term, but as a long term strategy, makes the whole operation look a bit child's play. Also just the opinion of a one silverballer.

Ummm...actually, this IS a fan community! :D

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I think I am getting to the end of my rope.
Today I was trying to play with a few family members. Started in funhouse and that went okay. Then Black Hole, game braking glitch. Then bride ... Game breaking glitch. Then taxi which worked for a few games. After that Harley which again got a game breaking glitch. Over half the games we played broke.
We get no dev feedback in the PS3 section. So obviously unless your a phone or tablet player they don't care.
I'm embarrassed to play the game with or in front of anyone now. Feel like a fool for actually paying for something of this quality.

Last edited:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Other than the occasional restart bug, I can't say I have experienced any game-breaking glitches. The only problem I have is with the flippers: the input lag and the impossible angles the ball sometimes shoots away with, as well as the lack of power behind the flip.

The angles became way worse with the latest update and I am hoping that the one with TZ I'm it will improve it.

night

May 18, 2012
Farsight please stop putting out bugged out tables and fix the ones that are. We deserve bug-free tables. And TZ had better be perfect for 9.99. Keep doing this and you will continually lose customers across the board. I am tired of things not getting fixed or when it does it breaks something else. Pathetic. Please try to do better as I want to support you but I may be on my way out.

I couldn't agree more. I love TPA from the start when it had just a few tables. TPA is releasing games in a too high tempo without probably taking care of bugs and platform issues. I critisize TPA's graphics quality, which is, in my opinion, declining due to the rush tables are released. $50.000 Was payed for TZ, $50.000!!! I bought Revence for the Rob-o-Bot for a few bucks and it looks WAY better, better graphics, better sound fx, better physics, better lighting fx. Look at the Pro-Pinball demo, this is going to be serious competition. iOS stutter problems, for months! Half of my tables are unplayable.. iOS ports to the Mac that should be console quality. Poor menu structure. TPA is a great product and has so many potential, if they just took the time to sort out problems. TPA has a great future if they start to take their custommers serious and are not so blindy completely focussed on a high-speed table production. Stop releasing new tables and start fixing problems.

Last edited:

VenomPlug

Oct 30, 2012
I couldn't agree more. I love TPA from the start when it had just a few tables. TPA is releasing games in a too high tempo without probably taking care of bugs and platform issues. I critisize TPA's graphics quality, which is, in my opinion, declining due to the rush tables are released. $50.000 Was payed for TZ, $50.000!!! I bought Revence for the Rob-o-Bot for a few bucks and it looks WAY better, better graphics, better sound fx, better physics, better lighting fx. Look at the Pro-Pinball demo, this is going to be serious competition. iOS stutter problems, for months! Half of my tables are unplayable.. iOS ports to the Mac that should be console quality. Poor menu structure. TPA is a great product and has so many potential, if they just took the time to sort out problems. TPA has a great future if they start to take their custommers serious and are not so blindy completely focussed on a high-speed table production. Stop releasing new tables and start fixing problems.

I 100% agree. See, i like the new table(s) monthly update, i really do, but i would prefer to see everything being polished and executed properly instead. First tables were showing some serious quality (ToM!!!), but what is going on now? Don't want to be nitpicky, i still love every single bit of TPA....but damn, every *single* update should provide us with similiar (if not better) level of visual quality. Where are the shadows in TZ? Why the clock is transparent? What's with that ugly UGLY plastic? Why everything is so yellow? (TZ, SS) I mean, our devices can handle a lot these days, use that power for your advantage, it's 2012 afterall. C'mon Farsight, put some serious steam to these shadows, 3-D models and colors. I don't even mind the bugs, i can deal with them on my device. But please, make it looking like a real deal (Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot being a perfect example of how it's done). Of course i still love your work, just want to see it shining :cool:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
OK, just heard I'll be getting some PSN cards for Christmas and I would love to spend them on some more TPA DLC (Star Trek: TNG in particular), but isn't it said I'd rather play PS2 and Wii versions of the "PHoF" tables? BH looks so awesome on the PS3 but that ball is acting so weird; "remembers" sideways movement for instance. If it moves to the left, hits something, goes up, it shouldn't continue left when it clears the barrier - it should continue to go up. When a ball comes down on my left flipper and I hit the button, it goes more or less where it's supposed to go. On my right flipper, it will 50% of the time hit the bottom slingshot first, then go up. Sigh.

It looks like we won't get a new binary for PS3 until the mid or end of January...

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I'm a huge fan of Pinball Arcade... HUGE fan!!! :) anyways not to talk smack but after playing it on my pad and xbox so much I got my roommate into it and he bought some tables on ps3 and wow the ps3 version is all messed up. The flipper lag is a very real issues that makes the ps3 version seriously bad. You don't know how many times ive seen someone playing the ps3 and when the ball was rolling down the flipper return they would hit the flipper button while it was in the middle of the flipper and the ball just rolls down into the drain before the flipper goes up. It has at least a full second delay and it doesn't matter what setting you use there is no fix.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It has at least a full second delay and it doesn't matter what setting you use there is no fix.

I hate the flipper lag as much as anyone, but it isn't anywhere near a second-long delay even at 1080p, and while there's no actual fix, lowering your screen resolution reduces the delay (and makes the game uglier but hey).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts