Found Some Tables For Sale

thunderjaws

May 23, 2012
I bought the sky jump. I didn't get screwed on it either. It has an almost perfect play field and aside from new rubber and a few lights bulbs there isn't anything wrong with it. It plays flawlessly everything works as it should. Maybe where other people are from they can find all kinds of pinballs. It's hard to find anything here unless you want it shipped or want to drive 12 hours to get it. I saw a few weeks before at auction a terrible sorcerer. That had a play field that was clear coated and all warped and bubbled. Almost impossible to play the ball hardly moved on it. The sound didn't work right the ball would jam in it and the list went on of all it's problems. It sold for $700 I don't know why Em games don't get any respect it's a fun and challenging game and in really nice shape. There was even another sky jump for sale in Rapid a few months ago they wanted $1200 for it. It sold within just a few days. I also bought the ms pacman at this auction too.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Be careful, unlike CRT arcade games, pinball machines are very complicated, and expensive, to fix.

But they are fixable... unlike many video arcade games. Pinballs are designed to work with parts damaged or broken, whereas a video game either works or it doesn't. I've owned both and pinball maintenance is so much more fun than video game maintenance. Compared to even 10 years ago, parts are that much easier to come by courtesy of the internet, and you don't have to fix everything in one go. Took me years to restore a Fathom to 100%.

If you love playing pinball and find them attractive objects that you would want in your home, then you will never regret it as a hobby. Repairing and maintaining it will just give you an even greater respect for the people who designed them. :)

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Done replacing all the rubber rings and some burned out bulbs. Still have to look at the popout kicker that doesn't work... I think the problem might be the switch because it doesn't play the sound or activate the solenoid when pressed... I tested the solenoid and it looks ok.. so that leaves the switch or some other problem I cant see...

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I bought the sky jump. I didn't get screwed on it either. It has an almost perfect play field and aside from new rubber and a few lights bulbs there isn't anything wrong with it. It plays flawlessly everything works as it should. Maybe where other people are from they can find all kinds of pinballs. It's hard to find anything here unless you want it shipped or want to drive 12 hours to get it. I saw a few weeks before at auction a terrible sorcerer. That had a play field that was clear coated and all warped and bubbled. Almost impossible to play the ball hardly moved on it. The sound didn't work right the ball would jam in it and the list went on of all it's problems. It sold for $700 I don't know why Em games don't get any respect it's a fun and challenging game and in really nice shape. There was even another sky jump for sale in Rapid a few months ago they wanted $1200 for it. It sold within just a few days. I also bought the ms pacman at this auction too.

I suppose times in the field are changing so fast that even EM machines that nobody wanted a few years ago are now valuable.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I'm envious of you two, jrolson and LeeChicago. Those are two machines I've been after for a long time (Comet and Slick Chick). I found a Comet near me, but it was in such bad shape that I would have basically had to build a new machine. Have a great time with your tables!

BTW, a good site for parts is Marco:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/

stevevt

Mar 31, 2012
Doesn't look too terrible, but you should check out the sellers' negative feedbacks. I probably would avoid for that reason. Actually, I'd personally avoid it because of the wear on the playfield as well, but that's why the game is relatively cheap (by eBay standards).

I recommend you contact the seller and ask to check the game out.

Good luck.

Also, just noticed that the coin door isn't from the US. You should ask if the game was reimported, and then ask for a full report of how much rust it has -- and where.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I did some more testing on the popout kicker not working on the Comet and ran a solenoid test and all were ok. Then I ran a switch test and discovered multiple switches weren't working, all which were on the same Green/Yellow wire. Then I used a jumper wire to test the switches on the board to see if the problem was in the board or under the playfield. As it turns out the problem was in the board all due to some burned resistors...

Now time to replace them...

r281ur.jpg
2jg31hj.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.