Frame Hitching on every table

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
It's been this way for a long time now but I'm really getting sick of it.

Basically, on every single table the game will periodically stutter or "freeze" for a fraction of a second, usually when the ball is moving quickly. It's noticeable and distracting.

Farsight support is worthless.

I'm on iPad Air 2

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I had extreme freezing every 5-10 seconds an upgrade to ios11 at least allowed me to enjoy a game(this applied to all pinball and fast paced games)even with minor hitching at times but yeah still would like it completely smooth.

iPad 5th gen a9 2gig of ram

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I have the freezing/speeding up effect on my iPad mini 2. Happens a lot around the flippers. I know my pad is almost four years old but it still sucks.

JenniferS

Feb 8, 2013
It’s been happening for about 3 months on my iPad Pro, too. Catch, release flipper, glitch, and then watch the ball roll into the drain insanely fast is REALLY getting old.

nstraz

Mar 19, 2013
I’m noticing it a lot more after upgrading to iOS 11 on my iPad Air. I didn’t notice it as much on iOS 10.

MattyLadd

Jul 1, 2015
Yes, I've been having this issue for some time. I had thought it was my old iPad Air. However, I upgraded to the Air 2 and still have it periodically. I've just tried to adapt my play to expect the worst. Not unplayable, but very frustrating to get a drain out of the blue.

Dpdropout

Jul 18, 2012
Same here since a few months and seems to get worse with every update. Not fun anymore since it makes ballspeed unpredictable.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I'm still on iOS 9.3.5 and not on the nifty new iOS 11 (even though my mini 4 qualifies for it) nor am I on the newest TPA version (I'm still on 5.10.0, the older UI, and I believe that TX Sector is the newest table available). That being said, everything works beautifully and frame rate is flawless. Of course, I don't have access to the newest tables but those that I do have will keep me busy for a lifetime.

I thought updates were to make things better, not worse?

Wolis

Jul 12, 2012
I had this problem several years ago and a reset of me device fixed it, the it returned again.

I think it was an app I had running in the background (Tasker).

I have not reinstalled it since and everything is fine in Pinball Arcade.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.