Freezing in main menu? (US version)

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012
I bought TPA for PS3 a while ago, and it was locking up my PS3. I figured I'd hold off and let them fix it a bit before complaining, but it still freezes up the PS3. Not even remotely acceptable.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Please note that the PS3 does not freeze in any other game, and I have checked the hard drive for errors and rebuilt the database. It freezes so reliably that I pretty much never want to play the game, which is a huge shame for me. It tends to not freeze if I can manage to get into a table, but that happens so rarely. Normally it freezes before I get a chance.

I want to love TPA, really. I have no reason not to.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Is this happening to anyone else?
Nope! I've never experienced any crashing like that before on the game.

Try changing the display settings on the PS3. This game performs differently depending on the display setting. Example, if you are using 1080i, then try switching to 720p.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
On EU version, it freezes time to time only when I launch a table (on the attract mode screen). It happened recently (this week) on Taxi. It's very rare, though (about 10 times in one year, hundreds hours of time play).

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012
I wonder if I need to just delete everything and re-install. Something has got to fix this, basically.

Either that or I need a refund for a non-working game.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
One thing I have noticed, when selecting a table. If it plays the TOTAN theme, and it isn't TOTAN, selecting that table will cause your PS3 to lock up. Happens incredibly rarely, but keep it in mind.

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012
Anyone know how I could get in touch with Farsight, to seek resolution of this? I'm officially done with the PS3 version, and I don't think that legally speaking I have to put up with paying for a defective product. I bear them no ill will, but as with any other consumer product, if it doesn't work then you get a refund.

I'm happy with my purchase of Pinball Arcade on IOS, and of multiple tables for that product. I'm just not willing to put up with having paid out for a game that really doesn't work at all. Glad it works for all of you, but that does not invalidate my experience.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Anyone know how I could get in touch with Farsight, to seek resolution of this? I'm officially done with the PS3 version, and I don't think that legally speaking I have to put up with paying for a defective product. I bear them no ill will, but as with any other consumer product, if it doesn't work then you get a refund.

I'm happy with my purchase of Pinball Arcade on IOS, and of multiple tables for that product. I'm just not willing to put up with having paid out for a game that really doesn't work at all. Glad it works for all of you, but that does not invalidate my experience.

You gave money to Sony. If you want a refund then you need to talk to Sony. Sony's contact info is on their playstation website.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
You gave money to Sony. If you want a refund then you need to talk to Sony. Sony's contact info is on their playstation website.

But seeing as you're from the UK and using the US version, you would have used a gift card to buy it, so... getting a refund will be difficult to say the least. They will probably only be able to give you credit if they decide to refund at all.

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012
Sony didn't make a defective game. I'm inclined to speak to the manufacturer. Do you know how I can contact Farsight, or not? It is a perfectly civil question.

But seeing as you're from the UK and using the US version, you would have used a gift card to buy it, so... getting a refund will be difficult to say the least. They will probably only be able to give you credit if they decide to refund at all.
I'm not planning to discuss the matter with Sony. This is a problem entirely caused by Farsight. Thry made the software, and they ultimately received most of my money. Sony act as a middleman at most, and I don't plan to involve them. Although a product which was defective upon purchase would normally be returned to the retailer, it is typically possible to contact the manufacturer directly, and seek a remedy under their warranty terms. Farsight may or may not provide any kind of warranty on their product, but I certainly believe them to be dealing in good faith. The PS3 version may be problematic, but that was surely not intentional.

I've now found the proper contact details for Farsight, and I have explained my situation to them in full detail. I have every confidence that they will resolve this in some way with which both parties are satisfied. Since nobody has any technical insight into why this is happening, and the customer service side of things is now in the proper hands, I think this thread is done. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Sony didn't make a defective game. I'm inclined to speak to the manufacturer. Do you know how I can contact Farsight, or not? It is a perfectly civil question.

I'm not planning to discuss the matter with Sony. This is a problem entirely caused by Farsight. Thry made the software, and they ultimately received most of my money. Sony act as a middleman at most, and I don't plan to involve them. You can either answer my question or not, but the unsolicited advice is not necessary. Thank you for your input, which I'm sure was given with the best of intentions.

I've now found the proper contact details for Farsight, and I have explained my situation to them in full detail. I have every confidence that they will resolve this in some way with which both parties are satisfied. Since nobody has any technical insight into why this is happening, and the customer service side of things is now in the proper hands, I think this thread is done. Thanks for your time!

Didn't realise I was giving "unsolicited advice". Don't worry, I'm not charging for this...

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

I'm not planning to discuss the matter with Sony. This is a problem entirely caused by Farsight. Thry made the software, and they ultimately received most of my money. Sony act as a middleman at most, and I don't plan to involve them. Although a product which was defective upon purchase would normally be returned to the retailer, it is typically possible to contact the manufacturer directly, and seek a remedy under their warranty terms. Farsight may or may not provide any kind of warranty on their product, but I certainly believe them to be dealing in good faith. The PS3 version may be problematic, but that was surely not intentional.

If you want to resolve the issue in some kind of equitable way then FarSight might be able to help. Your post seemed to suggest that you were only seeking a refund as you "were done with the PS3" version of the game. For a refund your only recourse is with Sony. I don't think that FarSight has any way to check that you actually bought the game through the Sony store.

Soluzar

Dec 20, 2012
Didn't realise I was giving "unsolicited advice". Don't worry, I'm not charging for this...
You might notice that I've edited my post in an attempt to not be rude. Of course, if you choose to respond to the original text there's nothing I can do about that.

I asked how to contact Farsight, was told to contact Sony. This doesn't help, but of course there was no need for me to be unpleasant. I apologize.

If you want to resolve the issue in some kind of equitable way then FarSight might be able to help. Your post seemed to suggest that you were only seeking a refund as you "were done with the PS3" version of the game. For a refund your only recourse is with Sony. I don't think that FarSight has any way to check that you actually bought the game through the Sony store.
I am indeed entirely done with the PS3 version, but I don't necessarily want any money back. If anything, I seek the opportunity to spend more money on Farsight products, since I'm a huge fan of the product. I'm deeply dissapointed in the PS3 version, but since my first exposure to the product was on IOS, I'm aware that this doesn't reflect badly on TPA as a whole. I've received a polite and helpful response from Farsight. I had to find the contact details myself, which in restrospect I should have just done instead of asking for them here.

I knew that I'd get a reasonable response if I could contact them.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
You might notice that I've edited my post in an attempt to not be rude. Of course, if you choose to respond to the original text there's nothing I can do about that.

I asked how to contact Farsight, was told to contact Sony. This doesn't help, but of course there was no need for me to be unpleasant. I apologize.

I am indeed entirely done with the PS3 version, but I don't necessarily want any money back. If anything, I seek the opportunity to spend more money on Farsight products, since I'm a huge fan of the product. I'm deeply dissapointed in the PS3 version, but since my first exposure to the product was on IOS, I'm aware that this doesn't reflect badly on TPA as a whole. I've received a polite and helpful response from Farsight. I had to find the contact details myself, which in restrospect I should have just done instead of asking for them here.

I knew that I'd get a reasonable response if I could contact them.

I'm sure that we're all sorry that we couldn't read your mind and were merely responding to the words that you used in your posts.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It's alright man, just keep in mind that on forums people discuss things and throw in their two cents. We're not an FAQ - when you create a topic with a question, don't expect to receive nothing but your answer. Expect a conversation about it, and yes, some straying from the original topic. If you haven't had your question answered, it's fine to point that out. But straying is expected, to a degree.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.