Friend Leaderboards

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Going ahead and bumping this up as a reminder that friends leaderboards are still fairly busted for a number of people and it's been close to a month since the last time. Any word on this?

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Just checked in on this the other day (it's been a while). At first I was excited because I scrolled through several tables and it seemed to be working properly for the first time. Then most of them started to say "no entries". Then the entire application crashed.

Brock

Jan 28, 2014
Sadly seems to be no change with the Junk Yard update. Friends leaderboards still showing 'none' on many tables and the application crashes whilst navigating leaderboards.
Disappointed.

Deathtank

Nov 13, 2013
I, still, can see every firends score normally. :)

Just a couple of examples:

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

;)

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I like the your screenshot of Junk Yard ;)

Two things are interesting:

1. I don't get any friend's scores on Junk Yard while you do
2. I never see my own score in the friend list

V32l4Pel.jpg

nkVvcXXl.jpg

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I'm putting up a special build for testing leaderboards. To access this build. Open Steam Client, right click Pinball Arcade under Libraries. Click Properties. Then Betas tab. Under Enter beta access code to unlock private beta put in the following password without the quotes "o8H4Uj1rGiGq8lNlCfV5". Click Check Code. After that you should have a drop down that says special_test - Special public testing. Choose this.

You may need to restart steam to get it to download the update.

After it updates, run the game, get to the main menu and hit exit (Version should say 1.26.12a). Then go into the installation folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\PinballArcade) and open the log.txt file. Look for a block of text that starts and ends with "Get Friends List Start" and "Get Friends List End" and copy the contents into a post here. If you don't see this, but instead see "Friend List.." with some sort of failed or error message post that.

After you do that, then go back to the betas tab under properties and switch it to opt out of betas so you continue to get the latest builds.

Deathtank and Xanija could you do this? Since you both posted some screenshots I want to compare results. Hopefully this will give me insight on what is going on.

Note: If the password doesn't work. Try closing and reopening Steam.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Sorry Mike, the Beta Code is not working for me, even after exiting Steam (I even restarted the PC to make sure Steam was started new).

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Should I and other people do this as well if the leaderboards don't work right for us?

Don't think it would hurt. Just post screenshots of the leaderboards working or not working. Or describe what you see. Or both.

Sorry Mike, the Beta Code is not working for me, even after exiting Steam (I even restarted the PC to make sure Steam was started new).

I just realized I copied the password wrong. Use this

o8H4Uj1rGiGq8lNlCfV5

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The code worked now. Here are the results (It was not written to the file in the main menu, but after accessing the friend list in a table):

-- Get Friend List Start ----------------------------
Num Steam Friends = 110
Num Found Friends = 60
Xanija (Xanija)
Bonzo (Bonzo)
SextonHardcastle (Sexton Hardcastle)
Canadian365 (Canadian365)
LamerDeluxe (LamerDeluxe(tm))
invitro (invitro)
Septarius (Septarius)
JetSerge (CrazyCoder)
Space Tractor (Space Tractor)
Jeff Strong (jeffy777)
Dreadnought (Dreadnought |vT|)
Neil (Dr. Lao)
Shaneus (Shaneus)
jeffwashere (twojeffs)
atlantis1982 (Atlantis)
Crazy Newt (Crazy Newt)
Kaoru (Kaoru)
RKade8583 (RKade8583)
MuckiPlayer6 (muckiplayer6)
Pinfreak68 (PinFreak68)
MercuryVapour (MercuryVapour)
unclewilly (pudge6988)
Deathtank (Deathtank75)
Tigershark (Tigershark1968)
Fungi (GeeWzzz)
Mr. Horseshoe (Mr. Horseshoe)
morenoquinteiro (morenoquinteiro)
KillRideMedley (KillRideMedley)
infernogott (infernogott)
JoCool (JoCool)
Ultimetalhead (Ultimetalhead)
Tuercovich (Tuercovich)
pinballwiz45b (Pinballwiz45b)
INTELi7 (BiteTheLust)
xNiCeGuYx (xNiCeGuYx)
neilpinbot (neilpinbot)
DaPinballWizard (DaPinballWizard)
timelord (timelordbill)
Sun Vulcan (Sun Vulcan)
PVZ (PVZ)
dave950lam (dave950lam)
MontanaFrank (montanafrank)
moewe (moewe)
netizen (n3tizen)
ronnijhof (ronnijhof)
Captain_Cockup (magicmisery)
debuggiest (bunder)
Deathspawner (TG|Deathspawner)
Magic (Magic)
Sysgen (Sysgen)
DaHorsi (DaHorse)
KampfHendl (JudgeDred)
Snakepogo (snakepogo)
0reo (0reo)
GameLord (GameLord)
Naildriver 74 (naildriver74)
MKrone (mkrone1)
DwarvenPanzer9 (dwarvenpanzer9)
Schpitty (k.morson)
Rafael (rafaellee99)
-- Get Friend List End ------------------------------

/edit: (Note: My Steam Friend list says I have 80 Steam friends, although in the Steam friend list are actually 76) -

"Num Steam Friends = 110" seems to be too much either way.

Last edited:

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
It shows a list of my friends + myself. But I don't see my own score on the friends leaderboards..

-- Get Friend List Start ----------------------------
Num Steam Friends = 67
Num Found Friends = 48
infernogott (infernogott)
Trib74 (Tribulation)
Bonzo (Bonzo)
slapnuts (Slapnuts)
SCAAMMM (SCAAMMM)
SextonHardcastle (Sexton Hardcastle)
Canadian365 (Canadian365)
LamerDeluxe (LamerDeluxe(tm))
invitro (invitro)
SsnakeBite (Ssnakey-B[FR])
JetSerge (CrazyCoder)
Space Tractor (Space Tractor)
Jeff Strong (jeffy777)
devilishwonder67 (devilishwonder67)
Dreadnought (Dreadnought |vT|)
jeffwashere (twojeffs)
atlantis1982 (Atlantis)
Crazy Newt (Crazy Newt)
Emerian (TheSlayerNL)
CueZero (CueZero)
TheRetrodude (TheRetrodude)
Pinfreak68 (PinFreak68)
Reamalot (Reamalot)
unclewilly (pudge6988)
vpalmer (kaworu)
Tigershark (Tigershark1968)
Xanija (Xanija)
Fungi (GeeWzzz)
Mr. Horseshoe (Mr. Horseshoe)
varietyofcells (VarietyOfCells)
KillRideMedley (KillRideMedley)
JoCool (JoCool)
Ultimetalhead (Ultimetalhead)
tkonicz (tkonicz)
Tuercovich (Tuercovich)
Guardian (simon)
pinballwiz45b (Pinballwiz45b)
jeffsnew33 (newlinjeffrey)
INTELi7 (BiteTheLust)
xNiCeGuYx (xNiCeGuYx)
xAZATOTHx (xazatothx)
Naildriver 74 (naildriver74)
Retro Invaders (Retro Invaders)
Spectral2k9 (Spectral2k9)
moewe (moewe)
netizen (n3tizen)
marcelokgb (marcelokgb.mp)
Captain_Cockup (magicmisery)
-- Get Friend List End ------------------------------

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
I get friends scores on Junk Yard, Xanija is on it (I don't own this table):

zr6Fpfw.jpg

But I don't see friends scores on a lot of tables, for example Attack from Mars (I own this one):

2veRvwx.jpg

On Big Shot, which I own, I see scores on the friends leaderboards, but not my own like always:

uofGUC6.jpg

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Is there a table where you see your score when you do My Score? If so, which one?

"My Score" scrolls the total list to my position in the list. Without any further information (Steam name or Platform). This works on every table

1OA8Lh7l.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Thanks for all the input. I'm going to need to look into this for a bit and probably add some more debugging output and have you all test some more for me.

The hardest part is it works fine for some people but not at all for others. Doesn't make a lot of sense. And looking at the friends lists you both posted shows that part is working correctly.

I'm curious to see Deathtank's friend list. Wondering if it's an issue if you have a larger number of friends.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I think Deathtank doesn't have many friends playing TPA. He once wrote he had 8 friends in TPA. Might have changed in the meantime though, but his screenshot indicates he doesn't have a lot more (there is room for 10 friends on the list and one screenshot shows 9 and the other one 8, incl. himself).

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I just had a chat on Steam with Deathtank. According to Steam he has 16 friends playing TPA. But he only sees those as on the screenshots. So either they don't have a registration with a Farsight account, or they are just not owning the tables or haven't registered any scores on those tables for any other reason. Either way, something is still different: He sees his own scores in the Friend Tab and he sees Leaderboard scores for friends on all tables.

Anyhow, he will post his results here tomorrow.

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014
Can confirm, I am also having the same issues with the friends part of the leaderboard as alot of others. Tried again this morning. First few tables loaded correctly, Then i get the usual no entries. I have 34 " friends" who play pinball arcade. Do things start to go wrong if you have more than a certain number of entries??

Members online

Members online