Request General Wish List Thread

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I spent some time looking for camera angle settings, yes, but did not look hard enough until you suggested they were there. In of all places 'Controls'. To me controls is the input to control the game, not settings. By this thinking everything should be in controls. However this is nice that the camera angles could be changed, but yes, now I have tried them and don't like any of them. Could you imagine watching someone playing a real table and seeing it as they would Pinball Arcade? It would be silly. It would be ass backwards. They would lean down in front when the ball is close (THIS is when you would be looking down, not busting your chin on the lock bar to quickly see a side view. Did these devs ever play a real pinball. They really did exist, they are not just making that up.. Then when the ball get up top you would see the silly player jump up and over the table and look down (THIS is when you would be seeing the side). Backwards.

Also eyes don't have a zoom which is what the camera switching otherwise seems to simulate. A static view is in my opinion needed to take silliness, on a couple of levels, out. A free camera would be easy to give in a static view. People don't tilt their head up to see the upper portion closer, just to see the upper portion. This same applies to a good size monitor, and the physics of the perception is there. Slightly enlarged, maybe. An angle change, sure. But zoomed in don't work for me.

It could be my graphics card which I have problems with nothing else with, but some elements look bad, low res, and have artifacts. Some of the plungers would look bad in a Nintendo 64.

Also the interface is sending me in circles because when I click quit the next thing I want to do is go back, but go back is go back to having to ask to quit again. Got to hit OK, no problem, I remember that program behavior, that it use to be used a lot. I'll get use to it. Now I got to hit back? OK and still back. Seriously.

Look, the game is great. I realize there comes a point where someone might be inclined to say good enough. I'll say it myself, but just because it isn't mine.

We always play in static view and with event cameras off unless they are really needed for that table. I haven't played the PC version yet but on the PS3 and PS4 you can cycle through the different angles and cycle the static and follow the ball camera features. I would think that there would be a way to do the same on the PC.

Shockman

Jun 12, 2013
We always play in static view and with event cameras off unless they are really needed for that table. I haven't played the PC version yet but on the PS3 and PS4 you can cycle through the different angles and cycle the static and follow the ball camera features. I would think that there would be a way to do the same on the PC.

I have seen screen-shots of those ports. You are not missing anything not having the PC version.

I did find an event camera in another area. I also found a multi-ball camera.

I found the camera lock. This appears to be the one to turn on to get the follow the ball camera off. Confusing.

Much better. Thanks guys. I still say the defaults are silly though. The view should default to bellying up to the table with your head staying attached to your neck. I would not recommend it, but scrolling could work if it did not have the zoom, and the perspective was logical, more downward in front and less downward in back.

And with the all the hype from the devs I expected high-resolution graphics with realistic texture maps, and at least fair light and shadows. Genie in particular is ruined by the lack of shadows. It hardly even looks 3D. Not done by the same guy that modeled Black Knight I would wager.

I'm still a fan. I just thought the hype suggested I would not have to tax my imagination, or fiddle with the program so much just to each a relaxed state. I expected to want to buy all the table packs.

Thanks again. I'll keep looking for an update with the same anticipation I had before the release.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I have seen screen-shots of those ports. You are not missing anything not having the PC version.

I did find an event camera in another area. I also found a multi-ball camera.

I found the camera lock. This appears to be the one to turn on to get the follow the ball camera off. Confusing.

Much better. Thanks guys. I still say the defaults are silly though. The view should default to bellying up to the table with your head staying attached to your neck. I would not recommend it, but scrolling could work if it did not have the zoom, and the perspective was logical, more downward in front and less downward in back.

And with the all the hype from the devs I expected high-resolution graphics with realistic texture maps, and at least fair light and shadows. Genie in particular is ruined by the lack of shadows. It hardly even looks 3D. Not done by the same guy that modeled Black Knight I would wager.

I'm still a fan. I just thought the hype suggested I would not have to tax my imagination, or fiddle with the program so much just to each a relaxed state. I expected to want to buy all the table packs.

Thanks again. I'll keep looking for an update with the same anticipation I had before the release.

By the way, all of these topics are covered quite thoroughly in the PC area of this forum.

LeBaron

Jun 8, 2013
I would just like the launch buttons on the tables on iOS 7 to actually work instead if having to use the launch button in the top right hand of the screen. They used to work, but none of them do since I installed Black Knight 2000.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I would just like the launch buttons on the tables on iOS 7 to actually work instead if having to use the launch button in the top right hand of the screen. They used to work, but none of them do since I installed Black Knight 2000.

It used to be that touching anywhere on the screen could be used to launch the ball. As you've noticed, they've now limited the launching to the launch buttons on machines that have launch buttons. This is not necessarily a bad thing. From what I gather on your post, you haven't moved the launch button down to a more convenient location. Try this...

Choose a table > table menu > options > button position.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I'd like to see a feature for Android (it's probably the same for all mobile systems) to update all downloaded tables by one click, rather than having to select each table and start it. First of all because I would like to make sure I have the most recent tables before I am outside of a WiFi range, and secondly because it's getting a bit too much selecting all 45 tables one by one to update them.

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
If you were to walk into an arcade with a table that allows for progression of some element from game-to-game (e.g. "RANSOM" in Black Knight 2000, the Powerball in Twilight Zone, or "ELVIRA" in well... Elvira), the state of that element would figure to be random, with respect to the difficulty/probability of resetting it. Or if it was your personal table, the state of that element would be where it was when you last played. The point is: statistically it wouldn't be at its lowest position every time you walked up to the table.

TPA, however, defaults to the minimum progression once you've "stepped back" from a table. BK2K always starts with just "R", TZ always starts with the Powerball 3rd in the gumball machine, and Elvira starts without any letters collected at all. As a result, collecting/advancing these elements in TPA requires longer uninterrupted sessions on average than doing so on the physical counterparts - often longer than can afford. Frustrating. Unrealistic even?

THE WISH: I'd love for tables with game-to-game features like these to remember where I left off, or at least give me a random starting position.

(Sorry if this has already been suggested. I didn't see the idea explicitly mentioned in the first post, and my 4 searches didn't turn up anything either).

N

netizen

THE WISH: I'd love for tables with game-to-game features like these to remember where I left off, or at least give me a random starting position.

(Sorry if this has already been suggested. I didn't see the idea explicitly mentioned in the first post, and my 4 searches didn't turn up anything either).

Play in pro mode for those tables that have it, and request more tables get it for those that don't.

This topic about progressive jackpots and known states has been covered so many times.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If you were to walk into an arcade with a table that allows for progression of some element from game-to-game (e.g. "RANSOM" in Black Knight 2000, the Powerball in Twilight Zone, or "ELVIRA" in well... Elvira), the state of that element would figure to be random, with respect to the difficulty/probability of resetting it. Or if it was your personal table, the state of that element would be where it was when you last played. The point is: statistically it wouldn't be at its lowest position every time you walked up to the table.

TPA, however, defaults to the minimum progression once you've "stepped back" from a table. BK2K always starts with just "R", TZ always starts with the Powerball 3rd in the gumball machine, and Elvira starts without any letters collected at all. As a result, collecting/advancing these elements in TPA requires longer uninterrupted sessions on average than doing so on the physical counterparts - often longer than can afford. Frustrating. Unrealistic even?

Do a search for known stable state. The virtual ROM resets to a known stable state each time you exit the table in order for the virtual ROM to not get into a weird state where weird things are happening. Since the pro mode doesn't post to the leader boards the concern is not as great and if you get into a weird state you can reset the virtual ROM just by exiting pro mode and then exiting the table. Mike Reitmeyer has told us that they can't just save certain settings and then throw them into the ROM's known stable state because weird things can happen when the ROM isn't in the state it thinks it is in. Remember that FarSight didn't program the ROMs so they don't know what every action will do later in the game. Mike had some good examples when he explained it.

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
How about a modification to the table selection menu so that the default selection starts at the last table played.

I don't mind the excess scrolling as much as the fact that now the Attack from Mars music is burned into my brain the table selection menu theme.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Probably and hopefully mentioned would be nudge sensitivity options in the configuration menu, I'm using joytokey with an external controller and the left stick is very sensitive to nudging.

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
Fix the ball physics and loop exits on Cactus Canyon. It still has not been corrected and often puts the ball SDTM. WHAT A SHAME!

thiago_ryuuga

Jul 6, 2014
When i was younger i played some incredible pinball machines but there are a few of these that i'd like to see rebuilt in pinball arcade

Goldeneye : http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3792&picno=8563
Starship Troopers : http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4341&picno=7721
Viper Night Drivin : http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4359&picno=12151
Rescue 911 : http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1951&picno=37916
Jurassic Park : http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1343&picno=9450

PS: All pictures here where made by Allen Shope :)

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
This a request for the existing UI, or the lack there of...

1. Favorites. (its such a simple concept) or am I crazy?
2. Mobile Menus for quickly accessing what you need. Example,

http://www.inserthtml.com/2013/05/mobile-menu/

I work for a company who creates an application called SharePlus, which is a way to get access SharePoint site on the go in the easiest way possible. Make this happen for TPA!

http://mobility.infragistics.com/shareplus

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I need a much more realistic difficulty setting to get me playing again--I generally only have a few minutes to kill at a time and that's barely enough to play part of one ball in most tables in TPA; been finding myself playing VP instead lately: what with its much more lifelike difficulty, games on that don't tend to turn into marathons.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I think my biggest wish is to fix the plunger. maybe it's just on PS3, I can't speak for other devices, but the plunger is pretty broken with bugs that haven't been fixed since the game launched. I'm talking the bug where if you pull the plunger back when the ball is resting still on it, it won't register when you release. Also, plunger strength is variable and not related to how far back you have the analogue stick. There's a certain knack to getting a full strength plunge. Really it should be simpler than that. It's something we've all got used to, but I suddenly became aware of it again last night, and it really needs fixed.

Though I imagine that because it hasn't been fixed in so long, it's not something that will be particularly easy to do.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I think my biggest wish is to fix the plunger. maybe it's just on PS3, I can't speak for other devices, but the plunger is pretty broken with bugs that haven't been fixed since the game launched. I'm talking the bug where if you pull the plunger back when the ball is resting still on it, it won't register when you release.

Yeah that has bugged the heck out of me on PS3 and PS4. You may be interested to know that it doesn't exist in the Android version--which is probably a large part of the reason why it hasn't been fixed on console. : P

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yeah that has bugged the heck out of me on PS3 and PS4. You may be interested to know that it doesn't exist in the Android version--which is probably a large part of the reason why it hasn't been fixed on console. : P

It should be fixable. I'd imagine the plunger mechanics are part of the main game, so should be patchable with no real issues.

I have realised why it bugs me so much right now. I'm playing HRC, and when the ball is dispensed, it rocks from side to side just a little bit for a second before settling. So any plunges in that time don't work becausethe ball is not still.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts