Bug Ghostbuster Google Play 1.2.2 = bug?

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Maybe I haven't see the announcement, maybe it's a bug:
The free token are visible (33), but there is not countdown any more and in the time frame of 24th, also no increase of the token to see.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hey Mad07,

This is not a bug, it was something we were told to put in. There was a misunderstanding between designers and programmers about the token system. At first, the token system would run indefinitely, however, we were told that the token counter should only run when you are BELOW 4 tokens. Once you get down to 3 or less, the timer should start back up.

Thanks

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Hey Mad07,

This is not a bug, it was something we were told to put in. There was a misunderstanding between designers and programmers about the token system. At first, the token system would run indefinitely, however, we were told that the token counter should only run when you are BELOW 4 tokens. Once you get down to 3 or less, the timer should start back up.

Thanks

Wow, what a joke. While I want FarSight to succeed, I hope this abomination (business model) falls flat on its face. Why couldn't the misunderstanding have been about putting in an option to outright buy it?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
On the iPad I still get tokens every 2 hours. But I'm at 99 and that seems to be a limit.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Wow, what a joke. While I want FarSight to succeed, I hope this abomination (business model) falls flat on its face. Why couldn't the misunderstanding have been about putting in an option to outright buy it?
I honestly haven't touched the stand-alone app since beta testing it. Do you play it a fair bit, and therefore are disadvantaged by the change in award frequency?

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I honestly haven't touched the stand-alone app since beta testing it. Do you play it a fair bit, and therefore are disadvantaged by the change in award frequency?

No, I don't play it much at all. While I haven't run out of tokens, the mere existence of the token system creates a psychological discomfort that makes me generally avoid the game all together. It's kind of like how people change their Internet use habits when they know they have a cap, even if they've never come close to hitting it. The fact that the game now only allows 4 free tokens to accumulate makes it WAY worse. I could easily burn through 4 tokens in one sitting. I end up thinking "why deal with that when I have over 50 other tables that I can play as much as I want."

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I want to try to reproduce an issue in Multiplayer / check if this issue is fixed. For this one I need a little bit more token (because, there are 4 token away for one set) That's the reason , I've wait a longer time in the hope, that the token increase...
On other hand - also on Hunted House the same Mastergoals are missing as in Ghostbuster -> both are not my favorite tables ;)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Hey Mad07,

Thanks

Given this makes the difference between the app having a chance at making money, and not making any money at all, I'm surprised the game shipped with this error ;)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've got a feeling this might have been implemented posthumously in response to the reported ways users could work around the timer initially in the beta.

Either way, I'm very glad that this reported issue has now been resolved. It's not an accurate test for how well (or poorly) this revenue model will work for future ventures.

At least now the data won't be skewed as much.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.