Request Ghostbusters 2016 (Stern)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
There is a seperate app in the works in conjunction with Stern (here called SPA) which already is downloadable with a few beta tables. I think it's already anounced that the real Ghostbusters table from 2016 will come to this app.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yep, Ghostbusters will be part of the Stern Pinball Arcade. Hope we see it before Christmas. No exact dates yet.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Cool, but wouldn't this be as simple as using existing magnet behaviour (i.e. the Power from TAF, or the magnet flipper area from TZ)?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I am really impatient for this one to come into stern pinball arcade ^^

I'm the exact opposite. While I look forward to playing the games, recent forum activity suggests that nobody would be happy if they released it before it has been fully tested as 100% working on all platforms. That could damage the reputation of Stern and make them see the release of digital pinball versions of their games as a negative thing. Presuming it will get the same horrific user interface that is being tested on TPA, a lot of work needs to be done still.

As soon as SPA is released, I expect that will become Farsight's new baby that gets all the attention, so actually come to think of it, I hope they delay it at least another six months to try to get TPA back on track first. Just try counting all the open issues that have been reported and are still be be addressed - there's dozens of them.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just try counting all the open issues that have been reported and are still be be addressed - there's dozens of them.

But it's always been that way. As soon as they clear a bug, a new one takes its place. I don't think it will ever be clean. And some are just forgotten. Look at poor Black Knight. :(

invitro

May 4, 2012
While I look forward to playing the games, recent forum activity suggests that nobody would be happy if they released it before it has been fully tested as 100% working on all platforms.
I suppose I'm a glass-almost-full guy when it comes to TPA. New tables on PC have generally been as close to 100% working as I can expect on release, or within a few days in a few cases. If the SPA tables work as well on release as TPA tables do, I'll be very happy. So I want SPA to happen very soon too... I can't say I'm impatient as the monthly new tables, tournaments, and high score quests are keeping me plenty busy. :)

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Cool, but wouldn't this be as simple as using existing magnet behaviour (i.e. the Power from TAF, or the magnet flipper area from TZ)?

Given that The Power from TAF in TPA is over powered and the TZ Power is odd in its own right, the mag-slings could prove to be an interesting trick. They aren't an always on feature. From what I have read they trigger when the switch is triggered and the ROM has controllable switch times for the magnet power. According to Stern the mag-slings can function as normal slings, or as the "possessed" slings depending on the mode in-game, it will be determined in the final code.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I am impatient for SPA in general. Would love some development news and a release date so I can put it my calendar as a day to look forward to.

It's actually getting more difficult for me to be excited about STPA. Besides getting tables we already have in TPA (RBiON is the only one of these I like), the Star Trek table looked crappy, washed-out, and very plain graphics-wise in the screenshots I saw on this forum. Guess I'll just drive 200 miles to play the nearest one IRL. Besides, there's still a lot about TPA that needs to be fixed, like MB's multiball zoom-out, Gorgar's score display (seems every update messes that one up), and Diner's "ball-drain frameskips".

If STPA also included a few 80's Sterns and early Data East tables, then I would be excited. As of now, not even AC/DC (one of my favorite bands) can get me excited about STPA, as it will obviously look like total crap.

Last edited:

Neko20

Jan 7, 2015
So we know this is coming to SPA, but did they say it wouldn't just be on Oculus Rift? I don't want to pay for a $200+ vr helmet to play pinball.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Also coming to Steam, PS4, XBoxOne, and mobiles according to the website.

http://www.sternpinballarcade.com

Last I heard was late fall. So we shouldn't have to wait too much longer. Maybe around Thanksgiving or so?

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It's actually getting more difficult for me to be excited about STPA. Besides getting tables we already have in TPA (RBiON is the only one of these I like), the Star Trek table looked crappy, washed-out, and very plain graphics-wise in the screenshots I saw on this forum. Guess I'll just drive 200 miles to play the nearest one IRL. Besides, there's still a lot about TPA that needs to be fixed, like MB's multiball zoom-out, Gorgar's score display (seems every update messes that one up), and Diner's "ball-drain frameskips".

If STPA also included a few 80's Sterns and early Data East tables, then I would be excited. As of now, not even AC/DC (one of my favorite bands) can get me excited about STPA, as it will obviously look like total crap.

Just saw the video clip of AC/DC for STPA. When you're right, you're right.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
That's a phone VR version. I wouldn't get upset yet. Wait til it comes out, then start complaining. ;)

I'll stick with RBiON on TPA, especially now that the game-ending bonus bug seems to have been fixed. I've been going back to it more lately.
RBiON and F2000 are the only two Sterns on TPA I still enjoy.
My MSF fix (what little of it there is) is also already statisfied in TPA. Plus I have some AC/DC on my itunes desktop.

Until I see something about STPA that completely blows me away, I will pass.

Members online

Members online