Ghostbusters on PC?

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
agreed...not complaining, just don't see the concept getting much traction. However, sales numbers on the phones will probably dictate which direction they go.

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I was only speculating that they might wait and see how the sales numbers on the phones look (successful or not) before deciding if it is worth the investment in time and resources to port to PC.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
You know there are mods to real pinball tables too right?

Anyway I think it's just a test of the marketplace for things like that outside of TPA.

True but with so many real tables why not concentrate on those and getting the existing tables up to modern standards in terms of lighting, etc.

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
Actually, releasing Ghostbusters as own table is a bit wrong, if you ask me. In gaming terms it would more or less be a Total Converion Modification, it is Haunted House but with different skin and all, but the table design isn't made by Farsight.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
While I agree that it would make more sense to bundle it into Pinball Arcade, it would also be harder to promote it that way.

The reason to have it as its own app is for publicity, so it can have its own entry on the store.

Even Zen do that, they have all tables available under the main app but also standalone versions of the different licensed bundles, so that they get more publicity when launched than plain DLC does.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
While I agree that it would make more sense to bundle it into Pinball Arcade, it would also be harder to promote it that way.

The reason to have it as its own app is for publicity, so it can have its own entry on the store.

Even Zen do that, they have all tables available under the main app but also standalone versions of the different licensed bundles, so that they get more publicity when launched than plain DLC does.

Problem is that they would have to go through Greenlight again to get votes. And that's just a standalone table.

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
I haven't looked at greenlight in a while, but I think that program is only for 1st time publishers. Once you have published something on Steam, I don't think you have to go through that again.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts