Bug Ghostbusters Stand-Alone App [v1.1.0] Bugs

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for Android version 1.1.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed).

If you want to post general feedback or comments, use

Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Remember to also email any bugs you find to: farsightstudiosandroid@gmail.com <-- NEW EMAIL

Thaedor

Aug 19, 2013
Device/OS:Smasung Galaxy Tab S 10.5/Android 4.4.2

Bug Description:Immediate "Unfortunately Ghostbusters Pinball has stopped" message upon hitting play button.

Steps To Reproduce:Hitting play

Frequency:always

Additional Comments:The same thing occurs with the Dracula table in the regular Pinball Arcade app.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
2 Bugs:
1. No high score on main screen (where it says High Score)
2. App cannot be closed other than by killing.

Beyond that it was OK so far. Made more than a million in my first game and all standard goals.

EDIT: After starting the 3rd time I got the HS and my rank. Probably you must be ranked on the leaderboards first.

Last edited:

Nick Kosmides

Apr 28, 2013
I just submitted this to my Mike at FarSight:

Device/OS:
Galaxy S4/Android 4.4.2 KitKat

Bug Description:
Lower level glass reflection remains hindering view of ball in play after losing multiball.

Steps To Reproduce:
1. The user earns multiball.
2. With one ball in the lower playfield and one or more in the upper playfield.
3. The user drains all upper playfield balls leaving one remaining in the lower playfield.
4. The camera zooms in on the last ball in the lower playfield.

Results:
The glass reflection does not drop out making it difficult to see the ball in the lower level

Frequency:
100%

Additional Comments:
1. After downloading and installing all files for the title, the user did not change any settings.
2. The glass reflections drop out appropriately when a single ball traverses between the upper level and into the lower level when not in multiball mode.
3. This bug also occurs if no balls are drained, although the camera has not zoomed in on the lower playfield due to more than one ball being in play. It is still difficult to see the ball in the lower playfield while the glass reflections are visible.

Nick Kosmides

Apr 28, 2013
Device/OS:

Bug Description:
The camera passes through the table in View Instructions.

Steps To Reproduce:
1. On the Main Menu
2. The user selects "Table Menu"
3. Selects "Instructions"
4. Scrolls to 57, 81-83, 134, 135, 143-149, 153, 156, 164-170, 172-179, 200-202, 212, 238, 243, 244, 249, 256, 258, 272, and 301-309

Results:
The camera passes through portions of the level graphics

Frequency:
100%

Additional Information:
1. Occasionally when this bug occurs, the camera will pass through a very small portion of the playfield.
2. When this bug occurs, the camera passes through the entire lower level of the playfield and the user is able to see through various parts of the playfield.
3. Occasionally when this bug occurs, portions of the level will obstruct the user's view of the instructional arrow.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Both issues were in the beta as well [MENTION=2546]Nick Kosmides[/MENTION]. Hopefully [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] can fix in a subsequent patch.

thirteen

Oct 14, 2014
Device/OS:Smasung Galaxy Tab S 10.5/Android 4.4.2

Bug Description:Immediate "Unfortunately Ghostbusters Pinball has stopped" message upon hitting play button.

Steps To Reproduce:Hitting play

Frequency:always

Additional Comments:The same thing occurs with the Dracula table in the regular Pinball Arcade app.

Same problem with me: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (SCH-I435) / Android 4.4.2

Ghostbusters pinball crashes immediately when pressing play.

For the full Pinball Arcade app, I can load anything from Seasons 1-3, but I get an immediate crash as soon as I press the Season 4 icon.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Same problem with me: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (SCH-I435) / Android 4.4.2

Ghostbusters pinball crashes immediately when pressing play.

For the full Pinball Arcade app, I can load anything from Seasons 1-3, but I get an immediate crash as soon as I press the Season 4 icon.

This is really odd. The only reason I can see the app crashing would be:

A. If you don't have enough space on your device
B. If you don't have a solid internet connection

After you hit the play button, it should start downloading the table.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Device/OS:

Bug Description:
The camera passes through the table in View Instructions.

Steps To Reproduce:
1. On the Main Menu
2. The user selects "Table Menu"
3. Selects "Instructions"
4. Scrolls to 57, 81-83, 134, 135, 143-149, 153, 156, 164-170, 172-179, 200-202, 212, 238, 243, 244, 249, 256, 258, 272, and 301-309

Results:
The camera passes through portions of the level graphics

Frequency:
100%

Additional Information:
1. Occasionally when this bug occurs, the camera will pass through a very small portion of the playfield.
2. When this bug occurs, the camera passes through the entire lower level of the playfield and the user is able to see through various parts of the playfield.
3. Occasionally when this bug occurs, portions of the level will obstruct the user's view of the instructional arrow.

Thanks Nick! Looking into it now!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Device/OS: Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000) / Android 4.4

Bug Description: 4.4.2

Steps To Reproduce: Start Ghostbusters Table. Leave it with the Home-Button (Back Button doesn't work). App is still active in the Background. Start Ghostbusters Table again. Screen is black, after a while a crash message appears.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: Only solution: Kill the app in the Task Manager

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
Copy editing nitpick:

When you click the token to add more, the dialog text reads:

"Download the full collection!"

Superfluous "quotes" are a personal "pet peeve" because when you "see them" it feels like the message you're reading is "disingenuous."

See what I "mean?"

Drop the quotes! Nobody is talking, it's not dialog.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Copy editing nitpick:

When you click the token to add more, the dialog text reads:

Superfluous "quotes" are a personal "pet peeve" because when you "see them" it feels like the message you're reading is "disingenuous."

See what I "mean?"

Drop the quotes! Nobody is talking, it's not dialog.

Maybe it's a "restaurant" review from ZAGAT.

God, I "find" those reviews "annoying".

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
This is really odd. The only reason I can see the app crashing would be:

A. If you don't have enough space on your device
B. If you don't have a solid internet connection

After you hit the play button, it should start downloading the table.

I think the network code in Pinball Arcade is just plain buggy as I have had issues downloading tables before on the main app.

I just had this issue on Ghostbusters on my brand new Galaxy Note 4 on Android 4.4.4. Fortunately I found uninstalling and reinstalling the app from Google Play solved it. However its still odd as when I launched the app it complained about Connection Failed but when I pressed OK then play, it downloaded the table and launched fine.

I would much prefer to play this on PC though.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Really sorry about this guys. We keep taking them down, and they keep putting them up. There's a good chance their accounts will be banned soon.

Thank you!! It's really annoying. Quite frankly I don't understand what these trolls get out of this.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Maybe a way to defeat them would be to allow users to add other users to a local ignore list?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.