Ghostbusters!

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Awesome art!
More info and video here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/10/ghostbusters-pinball-machine-announced-by-stern-pinball

Wonder if we'll see a digital PBA version. :rolleyes:

23keknc.jpg

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I love the look! Hand drawn art for the win.

Wonder how it actually plays.

Pro doesn't 'look' horrible, but the toys are obviously on the cheaper side. One thing missing, the awesome Ecto Goggle feature which will display holograms of ghosts. Just sounds cool to me.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I love this movie, and the table looks awesome!!!

I hope they will bring it to the new app, and I think they will.

the best news is that they do it on the old franchise and not the new version of the movie

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The art is a bit busy, but it does look pretty great. Can't wait to hear what callouts they use.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The art is a be busy, but it does look pretty great. Can't wait to hear what callouts they use.

That's another thing; new call outs recorded by Ernie Hudson specifically for this. So best of both worlds with classic quotes also being used.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The quotes should be great. Lots of good stuff to work with. I saw the cabinet and translite art over on Pinside. All three version are really good looking.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I said this when I saw the Spider-Man Vault artwork... I really hope this is signifying a change in direction for Stern as far as artwork goes. More hand-drawn, no more Photoshop. 3 out of their last 4 tables (KISS, Spidey, Ghostbusters) have had hand-drawn art, and they look fantastic. GoT does not, and people slammed the looks.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Who knew a wire frame habitrail was a premium item? Wonder if the flow is disrupted at all in shots, where the LE feeds to the left flipper, setting up a combo for shooting the Ecto ramp again, as opposed to on the PRO feeding to the right for the train ramp. Does is become a right side heavy table? The flat library, ghost containment, I'm fine with cost saving on those. At least Stay Puft and Slimer stay the same.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Had some of the same thoughts. Have to play it first, but the premium layout seems better based on the eye test.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Awesome art!

Wonder if we'll see a digital PBA version. :rolleyes:
Wow. That's a good-looking pinball machine. What's gotten into Stern? The only thing left is to replace the constant font with custom, hand-drawn letters, and they'll almost be there. That little insert on the bottom of the apron almost looks like Dr. Dude / Party Zone stuff.

I think it's guaranteed to be in Stern Pinball Arcade if SPA exists before mid-2017, so I'm looking forward to playing it :).

Thanks for the post and pic, btw... I don't think I'd have come across this as it's on IGN.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
The faces on the translite looks really strange (and not so good)

The rest of the artwork looks fantastic. PS! Same guy who did Magic Girl.

I am a bit worried about the right ramp on the pro. The multifunction ramp can be a hit or miss. The Le/premium ramp config looks great, though and might be reason enough to go Premium

PS! The slimer is not the same on pro and Premium. It will move sideways to block more shots (4, I think it was) on the premium. On Pro it just stays in the same place and moves down when you can smash it.

Really curios about the slingshots on the premium/Le. They are not normal slingshots. Using magnets instead of coils (think Twilight zone mini playfield but software controllable)

If they can also work like ordinary slingshots with the magnets activated only in certain modes, it will be fun, but magnetic action all the time might be a bit too much and unusual?

This is a John Trudeau game and he is not afraid to take risks, unlike some other designers. Looks like this will be a winner for him. Really interesting layout, but I will have to see it in action before I buy. The biggest problem for me with Mustang was how it played. The flippers was steeper than normal. Combined with a large flipper gap, it made for some unusual flipper physics that I never could get used to.

Love the idea of a ramp that actually goes under the playfield on the Premium/LE. Mini version of pinball 2000 hologram can also be a really cool gadget

All in all, Ghostbusters looks like a very promising design and I am really looking forward to checking it out. The more I see that playfield, the more I want one :)

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Looks like Ghostbusters is going to be at the Midwest Gaming Classic next month according to the expo's latest newsletter. If you're near the Milwaukie, WI area highly recommend this event. Last two years it's been pretty packed but it's a hell of a lot of fun if you like pinball and video games.

Newsletter also says that Full Throttle, Rob Zombies Spookshow, Game of Thrones, and Hobbit will be there as well.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Hey guys, I noticed something. Pinball Arcade still has one Sony license remaining and Stern Pinball Arcade news is just starting. Could this be the machine that starts the game off?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey guys, I noticed something. Pinball Arcade still has one Sony license remaining and Stern Pinball Arcade news is just starting. Could this be the machine that starts the game off?

No. FarSight will be written in to any Stern deal newly made, or at least digital pinball will, and Stern could decide who that applies to.

Unless they pull a true fast one, it's gonna be either Johnny Mnemonic or Last Action Hero. Arnold was the bigger expense when getting T2, so I think that gives JM the edge.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
^ This and the Spiderman re release have me excited for the future of Stern. The table graphics have improved over old releases imo. Now if they would just reskin Metallica with some of the old school art like pre Black album shirt and album stuff.

It would be great if they would do an original theme soon, enough of the licenced stuff!

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Alright, watching them streaming the table on Dead_flip (https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip) It's s a protoype Pro model.
Zombie Yeti and Trudeu were playing the game
There are super jackpots everywhere outside multiball. Table is all about super jackpots, they said.
You capture ghosts all over the table. Not sure what this does, probably a bonus-related thing
You have to hit slimer a few times to start modes
There's a video mode where you pick cards (Negative Reinforcement on ESP Ability.)
You pick a card, you get more points. Guess wrong and you lose it all.
There's a red light on Mr. Stay Puft. He wobbles.
Random reward sequence is a book flipping pages that takes a bit long, but I think you can skip it with the flippers
Where get to choose where the skill shot is in the bonus X lights, each has a different reward
Multiball is 3-ball, you lock it in the storage facility. Music during it is weird, to say the least
Other multiball is called 'Mass Hysteria'
It has the Scoleri brothers from GB2, haven't seen anything else from that movie
Backbox topper is a siren. Or did they steal it from a Police Force machine?

I really like the table so far, especially the art package. Zombie Yeti's work is amazing. I'm just glad there's finally a Ghostbusters pinball after all these years. A shame we didn't get to see the premium LED ghosts, that's what I'm most excited about.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Stream = nice. But why must Trudeu have those steep flippers on his games??? It just kills ball control.

Otherwise, the game looks sweet, with a cherry on top.

The right pro ramp was not as bad as I imagined it to be. Cool that there are switches that count how far toward the end the ball goes before returning, but I am guessing that the le ramp will be even better, since it is a separate ramp.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yep, getting a ball to sit still on those flippers was rare.
Right ramp was pretty cool. But I'd still want the cross ramp on the prem/LE Version.
The sound/music that I could hear sounded very good. The lighting seemed good, but I wish it had more color to it.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts