Ghostbusters!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
ohhh ohh oHHH!! awesome... is this right from the floor of the new stern factory? really frickin' kewl!!!

don't know if this is a repost, but had to show one of the top recommended vids from that: "LYMAN vs. DANGER! (Spoiler, Jack loses.) #Pinball #Streaming 10/29/15":

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I'm watching Trudeau right now live on Stern's Facebook page, explaining a lot of table's details. He's a pretty cool guy.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Any of our friends out there buy one of these? I'd love to hear the opinion of an owner that has has a chance at some extended playtime. My very limited experience with a pro was pretty positive. Just curious

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I have had a pro since may and absolutely love it, the machine is so much fun. Luckily Mine doesn't have any of the clearcoat issues others are experinceing, so far, touch wood.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I have had a pro since may and absolutely love it, the machine is so much fun. Luckily Mine doesn't have any of the clearcoat issues others are experinceing, so far, touch wood.

Good to hear you didn't have the ghosting or chipping issues I've read about. I see many think it is too tough. I only played a few games, and while it was hard, I didn't think it was unfair. With the linear game progression, do you find it too difficult to progress through the game? I read through a Pinside thread, but the comments are always so extreme on there.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013

At one show I played this at they had a headphone jack. When I put on the headphones there was additional music from the films playing than what was being played through the speakers. I figured the headphone jack was standard but when I came across another Ghostbusters in at a retrocade it didn't have one. Does yours have that or was that a mod?

If not a mod I'm wondering how SPA will handle the additional music thing.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Have a ghostbusters at my local barcade - there is a learning curve.

1. Drain is a bigger than normal gap between flippers
2. Inlane/outlanes are low thick bars where the ball can jump over and unfairly lose the ball.

When you first start playing you will have VERY SHORT games - over before you know it. But if you put some time into the machine you can improve and have great games on it. Also if you can hang in there and get the first 2-3 modes completed a whole world of gameplay and modes start opening up.

Bottom line challenging table with lots to do, great shots and cool theme. = I love this table one of my favorites - super excited for it to make it it into the stern app!

karl

May 10, 2012
Any of our friends out there buy one of these? I'd love to hear the opinion of an owner that has has a chance at some extended playtime. My very limited experience with a pro was pretty positive. Just curious

I have a premium on order. It will get here in early September, I hope.

Great to hear. I am glad that you escaped the infamous ghosting inserts feature.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I've played this twice now: once at the arcade in Dundee, IL and then at California Extreme. I found the game quite difficult but I think it's mostly because of the brand new rubbers. I couldn't even catch the ball without it bouncing out.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I couldn't even catch the ball without it bouncing out.

That would mainly be because the default flipper alignment for GB is droopy, i.e. the flippers aren't aligned with the inlane guides like on most machines. This makes making wider shots easier to hit but also makes it harder to cradle a ball, the flippers being not far above horizontal when raised. I hate flippers aligned this way so realigned mine day one, much easier to cradle a ball. Also the Trudeau flipper gap looks even worse with droopy flippers.

karl

May 10, 2012
That would mainly be because the default flipper alignment for GB is droopy, i.e. the flippers aren't aligned with the inlane guides like on most machines. This makes making wider shots easier to hit but also makes it harder to cradle a ball, the flippers being not far above horizontal when raised. I hate flippers aligned this way so realigned mine day one, much easier to cradle a ball. Also the Trudeau flipper gap looks even worse with droopy flippers.

I have been thinking about this since I ordered the game. Glad to hear that it is a possibility to change it. Not a fan of the Trudeau steep flippers. Hated those on Mustang. The flipper gap is not a problem for me, on its own but combined with the steep flippers, it's goodbye to flipper control.

Do you feel that you are still able to hit the far right ramp and things to the far left, after you adjusted them?
Any other adjustments? I was thinking about the higher inlane/outlane guides that you can buy in an after marked set with the center post, but I fear that it will feel a little bit like cheating. Usually I try to setup games a little harder, and not easier :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I have been thinking about this since I ordered the game. Glad to hear that it is a possibility to change it. Not a fan of the Trudeau steep flippers. Hated those on Mustang. The flipper gap is not a problem for me, on its own but combined with the steep flippers, it's goodbye to flipper control.

Do you feel that you are still able to hit the far right ramp and things to the far left, after you adjusted them?
Any other adjustments? I was thinking about the higher inlane/outlane guides that you can buy in an after marked set with the center post, but I fear that it will feel a little bit like cheating. Usually I try to setup games a little harder, and not easier :)

It doesn't make any difference to the ramps or orbits, probably makes hitting the right saucer slightly harder but still doable. I raised the outlane bars by tapping them back through carefully from the underside with a hammer and punch, a few mm is all that's needed to stop the ball hopping. It cracks me up all these people on pinside buying and installing plastics over the outlanes when all you need to do is raise them carefully. Same with the 3 standup targets around the left ramp area, they give terrible airballs but all you need to do is remove them, bend them forward and fit thicker foam behind them and refit them, pinsiders have taken to installing plastic over the top instead! . The flipper gap doesn't bother me at all with the flippers realigned. The only issue with altering the flippers is when you come to play another machine with the default alignment, don't expect to play well when used to conventional alignment.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Sounds like a lot of tweaks needed to make a new game playable

Definitely Dan, some just like to moan and moan about the airballs, lanes jumps etc, I fixed them all day 1 with very little effort. The other issue everyone has with the machine out of the box is the drop targets not dropping, again an easy fix, just stretch the drop target springs and hook them on a few coils further down the spring to increase tension.

karl

May 10, 2012
Big thanks for all the advice, Kevlar. Much appreciated!

Didn't even know about the airball problem and drop-target problems, but good to know what to do if the problem should appear

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts