Global Achievements

krazysteve1958

May 26, 2014
Anyone know what the deal is here. As I was attempting to score 3M on Genie (again) to attain the Wizard Goal, I became somewhat puzzled over TPA's statistical information. How is it that global achievements in Steam show that 7.8% are Genie Wizards, yet the leaderboard shows only 66 out of 41,820 have scored more than 3M? This works out to .00158%. Where are all the other 3,196 3M+ scores? I threw this query past TPA on Facebook and the goof responded with "Global Achievements?"

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Anyone know what the deal is here. As I was attempting to score 3M on Genie (again) to attain the Wizard Goal, I became somewhat puzzled over TPA's statistical information. How is it that global achievements in Steam show that 7.8% are Genie Wizards, yet the leaderboard shows only 66 out of 41,820 have scored more than 3M? This works out to .00158%. Where are all the other 3,196 3M+ scores? I threw this query past TPA on Facebook and the goof responded with "Global Achievements?"
Some time ago there were less players on the board with 3M and the % numbers for the wizard goal were close to the high score achievement.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
The leaderboard shows scores regardless of platform. The achievement is only for Steam users. Plus, if you don't have a Farsight account, you can get the wizard achievement without ever appearing on the leaderboard.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Yes. On PS4 you can even see which platform the score was achieved on. Not on PC or Android unfortunately. I have tables both for PC and Android, and it's always the higher of both scores, which is shown on the leaderboard.

Last edited:

krazysteve1958

May 26, 2014
So if I score over 3M (which I finally have), I'm one of only 68 who have ever accomplished this? So back to the original question, why is the "global achievement" % so high shown in Steam? It's just plain wrong, who knows, they're idiots, wizard goals were changed?

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
There is a way to gain steam achievements for any game you own regardless of if you actually achieved it. It's kind of generally frowned upon and Valve could technically ban your steam account for it, so I wouldn't bother looking into it. I don't see any point to it regardless. That's the most likely reason why the global achievement stats in steam seem higher than they should.

edit: Actually yeah the thing where the leaderboards aggregate every other platform as well but steam achieves are only from steam platform is probably an even larger part of it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.