Goals missing after switching to Family Sharing

satandouche

Sep 27, 2015
Hi all, so a weird thing happened this week. I switched my iCloud to family sharing and all of my Season 5 wizard goals disappeared. Previously I had all S5 goals except Creature Feature, and 150 mil Jackpot on Frank.

Tried a saved data restore within the app to no avail.

Emailed Farsight and they advised to uninstall the app, reinstall it, then restore saved data.

This kind of worked, I got all of my season 5 goals back but for some reason POTO was missing goals including "Advance Jackpot Build to 5x" and "Score a 5th Phantom Million" - both sadistic goals that took forever to beat.

Farsight said that all goals are saved locally so they are unable to retrieve them. This is odd because I didn't even purchase Season 5 until after finishing all the Season 4 goals.

I have a July 31st iCloud backup, which is before these problems occurred. My question is, if I reset my iPad (deleting everything) then restore it to this iCloud backup is there a chance it will bring back these goals or will it bugger everything?

Has anyone done a restore from an iCloud backup before? If so how did it affect wizard goals?

I'm nervous about taking this step, but honestly I'd rather get punched in the face than have to re-do those POTO goals.

Many cheers

UPDATE:
I went ahead and reset the iPad and restored from an iCloud backup. After the app downloaded I restored the goals. All but POTO were restored. Like I said before, this makes no sense as the POTO goals were achieved before my season 5 goals, yet all my season 5 goals are restored. Not sure if this bug is Farsight's fault or the fault of my iPad. Also not sure if this was because I turned on Family Sharing in iCloud or because of the pinball app UI update.

I played one game of POTO and realized maybe this is a sign to take a break from playing the app. So I'm done for awhile guys. There has to be something better to do with my life than wasting a weekend trying to get some goal I already wasted a weekend or two getting.

If Farsight reads this, thanks for the good times and *%$ you for messing up my goals! Actually thanks for messing up my goals, you've freed me from this obsessive madness.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts