Going for the Genie 3M has improved the rest of my scores

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I put some hard time into getting that Genie 3M goal about six months ago and finally got it. It wasn't just a relief but the lessons learned from that horrific table has made me about twice the player today than I was. I go back to tables I haven't played for a while and easily break my old records. For example, I had hardly reached Atlantis on RBION before but nowadays I can quite easily reach it on almost every game.

It's really those small things you do that in the end tightens your game into the point where you start scoring 2x as much as before. For example, the idea of nudging the ball past (or at a more narrow angle) the slingshots has made a huge difference in my scores. The ball should never touch the slingshots. Period.

So, thank you Genie and special thanks to I-forgot-your-name who made that great visual tutorial of Genie. It helped me more than anything else!

Have you guys had the same experience?

fantsu

Jun 1, 2014
I had the same with Firepower. It is still the best teacher for me.
1. Learn the ball angle when starting from standing speed.
2. Beware the slingshots.
3. Easy up the speed whenever you can, stall the game. Usually there isn't a clock running against you.
4. Think your next shot and see how well you made it. If there was a failure, then correct it next time.

Some tables I have are really easy after you get some new ideas in your playstyle.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, same here. Those challenging tables really drilled into me to always stop and catch and control the ball. Tight play, careful shots, no risks. Genie and Gorgar were probably about equal drills for me, and made me better on every other table that isn't Central Park. Never flail a shot you could have caught. Genie is not nearly as random and brutal as it looks. Careful catching and shooting into the upper playfield will work out in the end.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I put some hard time into getting that Genie 3M goal about six months ago and finally got it. It wasn't just a relief but the lessons learned from that horrific table has made me about twice the player today than I was. I go back to tables I haven't played for a while and easily break my old records. For example, I had hardly reached Atlantis on RBION before but nowadays I can quite easily reach it on almost every game.

It's really those small things you do that in the end tightens your game into the point where you start scoring 2x as much as before. For example, the idea of nudging the ball past (or at a more narrow angle) the slingshots has made a huge difference in my scores. The ball should never touch the slingshots. Period.

So, thank you Genie and special thanks to I-forgot-your-name who made that great visual tutorial of Genie. It helped me more than anything else!

Have you guys had the same experience?

Not letting the ball touch the slingshots is how I finally got the Big Shot 250k and BK 2.5mil goals. Control the ball.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Not letting the ball touch the slingshots is how I finally got the Big Shot 250k and BK 2.5mil goals. Control the ball.

Nudging the ball away from the outlanes is obvious. Nudging the ball away from the slingshots is less so, but can really help your scores.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Nudging the ball away from the outlanes is obvious. Nudging the ball away from the slingshots is less so, but can really help your scores.

Yeah. I've gone from casually playing, and basically batting the ball around, to controlling the ball, nudging, and making precise shots. My scores have gone way, way up. Weird.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I go back to tables I haven't played for a while and easily break my old records.

It happens to me too. When I go back on a table that I haven't played for a while, it's like I lost all the bad "habits/reflexes", and I generally score very well.
It's also like when you play a table for the first time: as you don't have any idea of what you're doing, and what scores or not, you just play to keep the ball alive. And put a great score.

But when you finally know the rules, you can't score as much because you focus now on the best scoring strategy... and you lose balls more quickly.

Weird... but true each time!

The ball should never touch the slingshots. Period.

+1000

;)

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012

Well, nudging the ball away from slingshots is just an earlier way of nudging the ball from the outlanes. Many of the outlane drains I find it difficult to nudge-save since a nudge in the right direction can make the ball bounce of that wall and drain anyway (as is common in the left outlane on Genie for example). It is of course quite easy to nudge-save on a slow ball that indecisively going down the outlane.

Doing my best to avoid slingshots I think doubled my scores in general. Tricky on games like El Dorado though, where you only have two nudges.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts