Gorgar Tournament top Score

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
The top scores were around a million and all of a sudden it jumps to 61 Million. I checked the regular leaderboards and there isnt anything close to 61 Million on mobiles. What is the story on xbox leaderboards. Do they get that high? 61 million seems such a high score and it is weird when it is not even that high in the leaderboards

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I'd imagine anything that would allow users to save and reload state would make it easy to cheat. Just save every minute or so, and any time you drain restore.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I'm losing confidence in the mobile scoring ............. Hence my request to tighten up security.
How can you tell its mobile scoring? On my ipad i cannot see what device was used to set a score.

I'd imagine anything that would allow users to save and reload state would make it easy to cheat. Just save every minute or so, and any time you drain restore.
Hmm, true. But are there ways to do this on mobile? I checked the AppStore, but did not find any App that can do this. Maybe there is an App that can do this on a Jailbroken device.
Also could not find anything for Android devices.
Years ago you could have done this with some Hardware like an Action Replay. Are those or similar available for todays consoles or mobile devices?

ya look at the post i put here cheaters using Cheat Engine is the cause we need to spread the word maybe something can be done about it i don't know
If you can access and change the memory of a device you can simply change the number of balls, or simply the score itself. Note sure if this can run OSX.
EDIT: It can be installed under OSX, as showing here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoP6rhdKXh8
With Cheat Engine you run a Virtual Machine that runs the games. You can monitor memory of the current game, so this can be done if you own a Mac.

Other way would be monitoring network traffic when a highscore is actually sent to the FS server. I would expect this to be secure and scrambled. Hackers will try to post to the server without even playing.

Another way, not sure if possible, is running the App in on a development system or environment. If you are an IOS or Android developer you can test your Apps in a Virtual Machine, I think you can debug it there also, so access the App's memory and variables (no of balls, score). I do not know if you just can take an existing App and run it in such an environment.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online