Gottlieb tables that I want to play

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I've always had a bit of a softspot for Gottlieb tables, in fact I think they made the best EM tables out of all the main manufacturers of the time. Anyway, there are a few tables that I would like to playthat aren't in TPA (Yet), and here's the list:

1. Turn Table or Baffle Ball, call me crazy but I think it would be nice to have a quick mechanical table to play with.

now that that silliness is over:

2. Slick chick, one of my favorite old machines with the tiny flippers, I used to play this one as a kid in my friend's dad's game room. For you fellow pinball masochists out there, this table is very difficult, but not quite up to the level of central park or big shot in terms of difficulty

3. Happy clown, another great gottlieb wedgehead and also very difficult

4. Top card, have you noticed I like the wedgehead tables yet. This table is a fun spot target table with some BRUTAL outlane action, at least on the table that I played since the outlane pins had been removed to make that table harder

5. North Star, out of all the gottlieb wedgehead tables I've played, I find this table to have the best gameplay. Something to note about this table is that trying to trap is VERY risky as the only protection from the outlanes is a single rubber covered pin at the butt of the flipper. If you mess that up in any way it will drain.

6. Volcano, I've never personally played it but I've seen people play it and it looked like a lot of fun. This table has a lot of gadgets relative to the era it was made in, from what I could tell, ti was a tricky table and the players were having to nudge frequently to keep the ball in play

7. Big house, this is a pretty fun table although I've personally found it to be easier than most of gottlieb's tables. This table is nice if you are stressed out from playing the other gottlieb pinball torture machines

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Interesting list. Here are a few of my Gottlieb favs:

Royal Flush
Abra Ca Dabra
Capt. Card
Jacks Open
World Series
Joker Poker

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Not a huge fan of Gottlieb tables, but there are quite a few I've never played and would love to try. My list consists of tables I like and tables I want to try out:

1. The Amazing Spider-Man (Never played)
2. Rescue 911 (Use to play this at a local movie theatre)
3. Super Mario Bros (Play this at the local bowling alley)
4. Street Fighter (Never played)
5. Rocky (Never played, huge "Rocky" fan!)
6. Big Hurt (Never played)
7. Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street (My #1 most wanted table)
8. Shaq Attack (Never played)
9. Cue Ball Wizard (Love playing this IRL at the local arcade)
10. Kingpin (Never played)
11. Stargate (Never played, looks amazing)
12. Waterworld (Never played, looks amazing)

Last edited:

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
as far as super mario bros goes, how the hell did I not see this table before, it looks amazing

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I'd like to see Cue Ball wizard, mainly because I have it on Microsoft Pinball Arcade and if was TPA, I would actually be able to shoot the ramp!

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I'd like to see Cue Ball wizard, mainly because I have it on Microsoft Pinball Arcade and if was TPA, I would actually be able to shoot the ramp!

I'd like to see it because I play the table in real life at a local arcade all the time. Plus I think it's the best pool themed table out of all of em!

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
I'm in agreement with the OP. Slick Chick (especially) and North Star are both good. I respect Happy Clown, but don't like the big blockage in the middle necessary for that layout. Other top Gottlieb EM's from back in the day include Majorettes (my all-time favorite), Rocketship (looks a bit simple but really addictive), and Cover Girl, which is my favorite among the roll-over type layouts. The best of the old EM's present you with these crazy playfields and you think, "no way," and not until you play it a bit do you realize the genius of the table flow.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013

Heh, nice to see I'm not the only one. lol

"Get the ball up the ramp 'dere!" --every CBW game on MS Pinball Arcade for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.