Graphical Updates For Season 1 & 2 Tables?

invitro

May 4, 2012
Just get rid of those blurred ugly textures.
Amen. What table is the worst? Elvira is pretty bad:

qsApCqq.jpg

Indy99

May 24, 2013
I really hope this happens. Some of my favorite tables are in S1 and S2, and they much need an art upgrade (as well as physics 3.0 as others have mentioned on non PC platform).

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
Count me in for this, hope it comes, Dr Who tables and now possibly season 1/2 tables improved, turning our to be a good year PBA wise. :)

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I'm also still hoping for lighting controls - playing in a "darkened room" like my favourite arcade. Haunted House just doesn't look right brightly illuminated like that!

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I'm also still hoping for lighting controls - playing in a "darkened room" like my favourite arcade. Haunted House just doesn't look right brightly illuminated like that!

I'm with ya, that would be the biggest improvement. So many of these tables would look awesome 'playing in the dark'. :D

mpad

Jan 26, 2014

You mean in addition to what DX11 already delivers?

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
[MENTION=4070]mpad[/MENTION] I'm iOS only (and Wii U when it shows up). I suppose the Wii U version would have enhanced lighting, but it's way overdue for iOS/mobile.

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah. You're right. I forget, because I never play mobile.
Mobile can do better as others have shown. You guys definitely deserve the full glory.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
pure nonsense.

It's not pure (it came from me, after all) and I don't believe what I said in this case to be nonsense.

While I haven't really played Timeshock yet (no controller, no play), I have every TPA simulation up to R911 and All but 5 PFX2 tables. Each app is great in it's own way. I was never trying to cheapen the efforts of Zen Studios OR Barnstorm games, just pointing out that I realize a lot goes into creating TPA. Plus FarSight has many more distribution hurdles that maybe Zen doesn't have.

Barnstorm games is just a small company. And judging from what I've seen, quite meticulous.

Maybe more will get to see what A.S.K. Homework can do in the coming months.

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
It takes 4 to 5 weeks for a small group of people to digitze a real pinball machine.
I think, once you have all the tools, there is some "automation" in the process.
I don't know any other company in the gaming industry, which delivers new DLC every month.
(pc and consoles, I don't know the mobile market)
Unlike Farsight, Zen & Co actually have to be creative, maybe that is a little bit harder than deconstructing a pinball machine and taking pictures.
And maybe composing music is a little bit harder than just recording music.
Oh .. and speaking of creativity ... how long does Farsight struggle with this grey (wonderful color) GUI now?
2 or 3 years? .. and it still looks 90s ..

I don't think what Farsight does, is easy and that they don't have to work hard
but seriously you can't say that their work is, I quote, "so much more challenging" then what Zen does.

FarSight has many more distribution hurdles that maybe Zen doesn't have.

That's because Zen delivers superb quality and polished software.
A Zen representative once said in an interview, that, at the beginning they always had to knock on doors and ask people for licenses but
nowadays a lot of people come to Zen and ask if they want to work for them.
You have to bring a good product to the table, to get a publisher like Microsoft Studios.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
That's because Zen delivers superb quality and polished software.
A Zen representative once said in an interview, that, at the beginning they always had to knock on doors and ask people for licenses but
nowadays a lot of people come to Zen and ask if they want to work for them.
You have to bring a good product to the table, to get a publisher like Microsoft Studios.

Comparisons to Zen aren't really fair, zen do not have accurate physics, nor do they pretend to, as their tables are more fantasy orientated. Props to Farsight, we will be getting a dedicated Stern App...which opens many doors!

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Just stop comparing to Zen.

Refreshing the season one tables would go a long way toward the longevity of TPA. Season one is inarguably the best season, and it's really showing its age.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Comparisons to Zen aren't really fair

Tell that to the people who attack Zen, like retroboi.
Not to the ones who defend Zen. It wasn't me who brought Zen to the thread.
You can show your love for TPA all day long, but please don't attack Zen at the same time.
Besides, Zen has to do a lot of tweaking because every table is different. For example, the designer decides how strong / realistic the slingshots are.
You can read all of that in interviews.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
"Attacking" Zen???? Now I've read everything! I have supported them on not one, but two consoles. Xbox 360 and PC.

I'm also known for being much harder on FarSight than anyone else. I have posted more than 1100 times on here. If I were "attacking" anyone, then I should have been banned from TPA fans at least three years ago. Alas, that has never happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.