Great news for samsung owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Samsung Galaxy U.S. devices currently scheduled to receive the KitKat update include select carrier variants of the Galaxy Note®*3, Galaxy Note®*II, Galaxy S®*4, Galaxy S®*4 mini™, Galaxy S®*4 Active™, Galaxy S®*4 zoom™, Galaxy S®*III, Galaxy S®*III mini™, Galaxy Mega®, Galaxy Light, Galaxy Note®*8.0, Galaxy Tab®*3, Galaxy Note®*10.1, Galaxy Note®10.1 2014 Edition.

I got a note 10.1 and was stuck with a 4.2.1 android version.
I have a custom rom but based on a tweaked official rom!

What does it have to do with tpa?

Msaa 4x and ART (faster than dalvik). That's what ^^

So samsung owners brace yourself ^^

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
It'll be one of those "I'll believe it whenI see it" deals. Samsung has promised updates before, only to fail to provide them. In fact, I think every manufacturer has done it - promised an update will be made available, only to fail to do so, announcing months later that no, they're not going to release an update.

So yeah, get screwed once...

Edit: And a lot of Android apps, including the core of TPA, are using the NDK. So ART's benefit will be much less.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Even if just msaa works it's great ^^

And I know samsung sucks for the update... but I want to believe ^^

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Too bad I'm in Australia.
The already slim chance is slimmer here!

Don't worry about that, if they release those updates in US the other country will be able to use them one way or the other ;)

That's the beauty with android, there's always a way ^^

Spud

Jul 14, 2013
Very true. I was actually enjoying not bothering with rooting my latest devices.

See what happens. Could benefit my 10.1 though by the sounds of it.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
My android devices are rooted and with custom roms (not the s3 though).
I look forward for 4.2.2 for my note 10.1 and I know putting back an official firmware will be easy even if it probably won't be release officially in belgium ^^

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Up from Vers 4.2.2 Knox is inside
... Root means: Counter to 0x1, problems with warranty, some daemons are running also if the counter increased, Memory is allocate but no more accessible, downgrade to a lower version no more possible... customer roms are not at every time the best solution, but some apps need root...
My S3 LTE has still 4.1.2

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Up from Vers 4.2.2 Knox is inside
... Root means: Counter to 0x1, problems with warranty, some daemons are running also if the counter increased, Memory is allocate but no more accessible, downgrade to a lower version no more possible... customer roms are not at every time the best solution, but some apps need root...
My S3 LTE has still 4.1.2

You can always bring an android device to a factory setting.
Yes you have to reset the counter, wipe everything, upload official roms with odin for example.
Yes that's a lot of stuff to do but you should not worry about warranty and all with android you can always revert things.
But yes, when you have an update you just use click on update and it's ok.
With a modified device it takes more time and more steps...

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
What he's trying to say is that Samsung and Verizon have activated the knox & qfuse on the device with this update. If you take it, it will lock the bootloader and prevent any further modifications to the device. In other words, take the new upgrade, and you will lose root and be unable to load custom ROMS or go back to an earlier official ROM without bricking your phone.

Why they chose to do this on an EOL phone that's over 2 years old is beyond me. I'm still rockin' 4.1.2 on my S3 and Note 10.1. They do everything I need, are rooted and run perfectly. Until something requires me to upgrade to the new "un-changeable" update, I'm staying right where I am.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
ho ok, I did not understand that.
I'm tired today ^^

Anyway, I'm exited about 4.4.2 but I'm not going to put it with the official samsung update.
I'm waiting to see if the android revolution HD is going to tweak it ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts