Guys. Timeshock is out. Get hype

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Love this table...

Then again, I went ahead and went for the all four tables in the kickstarter.

The only downside is how freaking long you stay at the loading screen. Sheesh. And no ragequit option :)

night

May 18, 2012
I don't have a problem with the table view and the size of the ball. But I have set the Ambient Light on 10 on my iPhone for a better view. I think the standard settings is too dark.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
There's work to do. The magno save sucks and they have to fix the glass removal issue. But even at barebones this is still a top teir release.

What glass removal issue are you talking about?

You'll get used to the magnosave. Timing is everything, and a good time to use it is after a failed upper ramp shot. Also practice little movements of your fingers while holding down a flipper button to bounce balls out of the outlane area.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
There's a low view (running in landscape mode) on the way. Beta testers have seen some of the early renders.

This is what I'm looking for. I prefer playing landscape. Just easier to hold the pad that way for me. Good to know that's coming. Thanks for the heads up.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
What glass removal issue are you talking about?

You'll get used to the magnosave. Timing is everything, and a good time to use it is after a failed upper ramp shot. Also practice little movements of your fingers while holding down a flipper button to bounce balls out of the outlane area.

Thanks for the mango save tip. i'll try it. it seems like it's better to use for timed shots to get the ball over to the right flipper than actually saving a drain.

if you remove the glass, your score doesn't count towards the leaderboard, which seems random and weird. i actually don't mind it as the reflection of the dmd going into certain modes is enhanced by the reflection, most notably time drive time travel. i just usually like to have the glass off in TPA and Zacc.

David Smith

Feb 28, 2012
If you remove the glass, your score doesn't count towards the leaderboard, which seems random and weird.

Ah, I get it now. You might not have noticed that in glass-off mode you can move the ball around the playfield with your finger (just touch anywhere above the flippers). You can cheat doing this, so that's why high scores aren't allowed in glass-off mode.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Been playing some more - anyone else really not enjoy the video mode? Seem to get it everytime.

Also the slingshot and other mechanical sounds are nice, and definitely prefer the nudge to TPA's.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I absolutely love the video mode! Reminds me of a half pipe from my skateboarding days. I've always liked how it has multiple levels too. In case you didn't know, if you get a perfect score on the first level, you'll move on to level 2 and so on. Once you get the hang of it, it's a good way to rack up a ton of points.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I don't know how it works for you, but I tend to have changes in my preferences towards tables. I didn't like EM's or early SS when I got TPA, now I like 'em (although DMD/toys tables are still my favorite). Also, some tables that I hated when first playing them (i.e. Genie, Class of 1812) did grow on me when I played them more. The only table that I still loathe is Dr. Dude, but who knows, maybe that table of the week club will change my idea. What I'm trying to say is that it may pay off to revisit something you didn't like then...
What was it btw what you didn't like?

I'm SO with you on Dr Dude. It blows monkeys!!!

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Love the video mode, so far can't get to level 3 (I assume there is one?)

You can play only two levels per instance of Video Mode. If you get all the awards in level 1, you move on to level 2 immediately. If you get all the awards in level 2, you move on to level 3 only the next time you activate Video Mode.

I agree that Timeshock's video mode is quite a lot of fun, possibly the best one in any pinball game real or virtual. It does score quite a bit. Level 3 scores 150M plus an EB for collecting all the awards, which is doubled to 300M if you do it perfectly by hitting no spikes.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes that's me. I've been all over the Pro Pinball leaderboards since the beginning, and still hold the Timeshock grand champion on the unofficial list.

Although I can't get anywhere at all on the iOS version. Like, I can barely start multiball. Touch screen controls are so foreign after 20 years of keyboard pinball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.