Happiness is....

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Yes! That´s the first thing I thought as well, it felt so small. I guess I had that impression because the GNR right next to it is a widebody, and the size difference between normal cabs and widebody is much bigger than I thought.
Believe it or not, the 2000 series has roughly the same size playfield as a full size machine. Since the backbox is so far forward, it makes it look shorter. The cabinet is also smaller, likely due to fewer mechanics involved. Since most of the features centered around the screen, it streamlined a lot of standard pinball devices, doing away with some of the more complicated aspects.

Now, back to the topic on hand, happiness for me is loading up TPA and finding new tables on the table select menu.
Happiness is also being invited to someone's house where they own a lot of pinball machines.

Jazza

Aug 19, 2012
Realizing you're playing paid tables on the "free" app and that your hard fought Game Center score is next to useless.. Re-downloading the "paid app" and landing your personal best on MB and BK within 2 games on each! Ah justice!!

Last edited:

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
living near an arcade that has 15 pins... but used to have 27... and none of them are anywhere near 100% "freshly shopped" working order.

take two:

having the ball hit the inside top of the left slingshot on Monster Bash, trigger the slingshot, and it somehow bizarrely manages to cause the ball to drain on the same side (left) outlane. WTF.

...also surprised no one (unless I missed it) had yet finished off "happiness is..." with "a warm gun" - to quote The Beatles.

Last edited:

Jazza

Aug 19, 2012
Update to my happiness: And then ya just get bitten by the bugs! Playing first game of RBION in newly downloaded app. All going well... 162m first ball, EB's stacked, Atlantis knocked over and then all of a sudden...

EB29Ml.jpg
Z2tVzl.jpg

"pinball missing", no go from the attendant, waited for 10 mins and ARRRGGGHHHHH!!! Heh. Back to the drawing board.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Nice...am I missing something about the free version with iOS, all the tables seem to work fine for me but is that why I'm unable to see the leaderboards?

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Alright, I see how it is. (I'll chalk up my faux pas as age related)

Happiness is...
...getting two pieces of hate mail claiming that I cheat or hack and getting 4 more asking for help with Ripley.

I don't think the hate mail came from anyone here. (I hope)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Dedpop, apparently so... :( I just think it's an example of a picture of a spectacularly pretty girl. (Actually, I thought this was a pic of a fellow student that my friend in grad school was crushin' on, until I searched for it on the web to avoid having to upload and found out she was famous. She doesn't look quite as great in other pics so I credit the photographer.)

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'Happy' They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
John Lennon

invitro

May 4, 2012
Given that Lennon thought that using heroin was the way to become happy, it's evident that he didn't understand life either... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts