Happy to see my bowling Alley added another table.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Thought I'd share what I found in the wild last night at my local bowling alley.

Arrived a bit early for my bowling league last night and saw they added a Fish Tales table, not the best condition but in better shape than the Johnny Mnemonic table they have which really needs to be fixed.

My high game so far on the FT table was 125+ mil. The free game is set at 31 mil which is great for me and I feel awesome that I can make 50 cents last several games.

Ended up getting 2 free games but I had to start bowling. After throwing a 660 series, went back and my 2 free games were still there, so I ended up playing and earned another 3 games which included a match. I'm now trying to talk to the owners about getting more tables in there.

This Saturday when my 9 year old daughter has her league she will be excited to play FT.

Less than a month away from Pinfest 2015 can't wait.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014

Counting the days....

Were you there last year? There was that re-furbed Taxi, from what I read on Pinside the guy does one table a year specifically for Pinfest. Not sure I want to go trawling through Pinside to see if he's got a thread for this year (I only lurk there and update listings for my local tables on their map).

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Counting the days....

Were you there last year? There was that re-furbed Taxi, from what I read on Pinside the guy does one table a year specifically for Pinfest. Not sure I want to go trawling through Pinside to see if he's got a thread for this year (I only lurk there and update listings for my local tables on their map).

Yes, I have never been to their site.
22 more days to go

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I
Counting the days....

That Taxi was a mean player, fast and dangerous. The year before he refurbed a High Speed. His work is just beautiful. I'm not sure what he is working on for this year.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Thought I'd share what I found in the wild last night at my local bowling alley.

Arrived a bit early for my bowling league last night and saw they added a Fish Tales table, not the best condition but in better shape than the Johnny Mnemonic table they have which really needs to be fixed.

My high game so far on the FT table was 125+ mil. The free game is set at 31 mil which is great for me and I feel awesome that I can make 50 cents last several games.

Ended up getting 2 free games but I had to start bowling. After throwing a 660 series, went back and my 2 free games were still there, so I ended up playing and earned another 3 games which included a match. I'm now trying to talk to the owners about getting more tables in there.

This Saturday when my 9 year old daughter has her league she will be excited to play FT.
I've been making more frequent trips to a bowling alley nearby. They have Highspeed 2"The Getaway" and Mustang Pro there. Having not played much real pinball in the last 7-10 years it's a treat to play an actual physical table. Machines are few and far between here where I am. Although I can't figure out why swiping my thumbs on the top glass doesn't nudge the table. :].

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Here the best pinball in town is in a movie theater (they just got Metallica and Walking Dead in - both in mint condition). I need an excuse to see more movies. I can't justify anything right now, even Fast & Furious 7 since I've only seen one of the other 6 (the second? I think?).

Oh but I didn't get to play TWD last time because it was busy... and it's three weeks until Age Of Ultron arrives....

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I've been making more frequent trips to a bowling alley nearby. They have Highspeed 2"The Getaway" and Mustang Pro there. Having not played much real pinball in the last 7-10 years it's a treat to play an actual physical table. Machines are few and far between here where I am. Although I can't figure out why swiping my thumbs on the top glass doesn't nudge the table. :].

As for the nudging joke, well done. Those three machines sound like a nice combo are they in great condition? There are three places that have many tables and are in great running condition, they are all within 1.5-2 hours away.
I don't get out to them as much as I'd like.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
As for the nudging joke, well done. Those three machines sound like a nice combo are they in great condition? There are three places that have many tables and are in great running condition, they are all within 1.5-2 hours away.
I don't get out to them as much as I'd like.
It's just the 2. High Speed 2 "The Getaway" is the name of one table. I've seen rumblings here in the forum that it may be released on TPA at the end of season 4. That machine is a little older but in good shape. Mustang Pro seems to be brand new and is mint.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
It's just the 2. High Speed 2 "The Getaway" is the name of one table. I've seen rumblings here in the forum that it may be released on TPA at the end of season 4. That machine is a little older but in good shape. Mustang Pro seems to be brand new and is mint.

Whoops, my mistake. The Fish Tales machine is so slow. I'm not sure why the local vending company let's these machines go out in this condition.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Whoops, my mistake. The Fish Tales machine is so slow. I'm not sure why the local vending company let's these machines go out in this condition.

I've been trying to find so machines that we actually play on TPA. It's tough. I Have a list of all the tables in my area but there are not many that we have here that are out there in the real world. I'm kinda looking forward too the release of High Speed 2 just cause I've had the opportunity to play the real thing. There's supposedly some TAF tables North of me at some seasonal places that won't be open til after May 24 weekend. I'll have to disguise those trips as a nice drive in the north country with my wife. Haha.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Counting the days....

He is working on Algar. He said it might not be done in time for Pinfest, but said he will bring it even if it isn't 100% done.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts