Hardest multiballs to maintain

Which of these has the hardest multiball to keep going? (Up to 5)

• Phantom of the opera

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Fish tales

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Black knight 2000

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Black knight

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dr dude

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Firepower

• Flight 2000

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Space shuttle

• Taxi

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Whirlwind

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Bram stoker's Dracula

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Class of 1812

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Diner

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Creature from the black lagoon

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Champion pub

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
F2k for me. It's only worth going for MB there for the cool sequencing. It really doesn't help me score at all and it's just drains everywhere. BSD and FT on the other hand is all about MB mayhem, and FT is pretty brutal as well. BSD ain't that bad. Great games all 3 of them!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
F2k for me. It's only worth going for MB there for the cool sequencing. It really doesn't help me score at all and it's just drains everywhere. BSD and FT on the other hand is all about MB mayhem, and FT is pretty brutal as well. BSD ain't that bad. Great games all 3 of them!

Starting multiball in F2K is what scores the big points, and it's also necessary to start it the first time to get the launcher spinner lit for (up to) 4K/spin, and the Bonus X target Special.

The MB itself, I agree, is pointless, but you can re-lock two balls quickly enough - better than just letting them drain.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Starting multiball in F2K is what scores the big points, and it's also necessary to start it the first time to get the launcher spinner lit for (up to) 4K/spin, and the Bonus X target Special.

The MB itself, I agree, is pointless, but you can re-lock two balls quickly enough - better than just letting them drain.

Those are alright, but the big points are on the right spinner no doubt.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Those are alright, but the big points are on the right spinner no doubt.

True but the left spinner is a safer shot and I can live with the difference between a "safe" 4K/spin and a slightly less safe (5K/spin + maybe 50K target bank sweep if I'm lucky). Anyway in a decent game both options will be lit and I'll just go for whatever shot is best depending on the flipper the ball comes back to.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I find it easy to keep flight 2k going and tend to lose the multiball mode by relo king balls more often than actually draining. If that counts, I would put that up there but it often leads to relaunching multiball much quicker.

Cftbl is my number one regardless. The whirlpool makes it difficult to maintain the focus on what's happening with a ball in play opposed to taking care of the whirlpool ball when it releases that one back into play.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
CFTBL is the easiest multiball to maintain. You just hold one on the left flipper forever while making all the whirlpool and jackpot shots with the right flipper. Every shot feeds back to that flipper and every shot is easy to hit on the fly from it.

If you're flailing, yes you'll lose the balls, so don't flail.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
Poll is closed, so sorry if necro-posting is frowned on here, but I would vote for Class of 1812..with not a lot of time on this table I have seen the first ball drain before the second even pops out of the saucer multiple times, leading to the philosophical question : does that even count as multi-ball?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Poll is closed, so sorry if necro-posting is frowned on here, but I would vote for Class of 1812..with not a lot of time on this table I have seen the first ball drain before the second even pops out of the saucer multiple times, leading to the philosophical question : does that even count as multi-ball?

Post away. There is plenty of discussion in closed poll threads.
1812 doesn't bother me too much because multiball is so common in that game. But it is very easy to lose a ball in those outlanes. POTO does the same thing to me.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Too me 1812 is the hardest. But it's also the most fun to see if you can get through the whole song. Nothing beats hitting repeated "Millions!" during multiball.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Yes! Me too. Because of the tournament going on. My neighbors must think there's a crying woman over here! Haha. Even if I do alright I'm screaming. Especially if I get the 2 balls trapped on the left flip, and just use the right for the other ball... Aiming for the left loop. Which is suddenly easier to hit while trying to start cellar multiball. This table takes a LOT of practice, and I'm about practiced out. But WW is probably in my top favorite tables now. It's one that I had forgotten about

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yes! Me too. Because of the tournament going on. My neighbors must think there's a crying woman over here! Haha. Even if I do alright I'm screaming. Especially if I get the 2 balls trapped on the left flip, and just use the right for the other ball... Aiming for the left loop. Which is suddenly easier to hit while trying to start cellar multiball. This table takes a LOT of practice, and I'm about practiced out. But WW is probably in my top favorite tables now. It's one that I had forgotten about

Yep tournament - Worked on WW all morning with no progress at all - neighbors probably think even less of me at this point :)
I gave up but I like your suggestion of the left ramp - I was trying to trap a ball on each flipper (the 3rd ball seems to insta- drain) and backhand the right flip into the lock and then go for million shot - not consistent or particularly successfull strategy -

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Yeah, the two ball trap is nice because any time the third ball gets popped back out of the cellar, it'll just bounce over to a right flipper trap 100% of the time. So missing the left loop doesn't really matter, if you hit one of the cellars. On the other hand... I've had the best luck with 2, when the third ball drains. Try doing this, both trapped on each flipper, intentionally aim for one of the cellars with the right flipper. In that 1 second that it takes to spit it back out, aim for the raised right ramp with the left flipper, and then just keep holding the left flipper for the other ball to come to a guaranteed trap. Keep your eyes on the kickout from the right ramp, get the million ramp. My problem is, even when/if I hit the million ramp, they'll both come to a trap on the left flipper, and I haven't had much luck with the cradle separation. That stuff about crying kinda reminds me of Forgetting Sarah Marshall when he gets a complaint about a sobbing woman lol

Edit: maybe the key is to nudge it to the right before it even has a chance to land on the left.

Last edited:

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
Yes, because I don't even get it started ;) joke aside, two nights ago, I needed one more letter, got HARE.
Beated the table, rescued the Princess, got Genie Multiball all the time, beated all side stories got 3 extra balls but don't got HAREM multiball started.
The hardest no doubt, this multiball must have his own "Special Place".
The table is easy but the Harem Multiball on PS4 is to complicated to get it started.
The rules are Sh!t to get it, no tiger loops, no ball locks, no stories are allowed to lite up, by the way the ramp is not easy on PS4.
Was way more easier on xbox360 PHoF.
Hardest "Standard Goal" and a almost broken one on PS4.
I will try again, maybe I will get it sometime.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Tough for sure. Anyone that's gotten that goal won't try for it again. It's really not worth it. Not a good way to score points. It's too bad there's not a bigger payoff, but the truth is that it is pretty much like a regular multiball. Kinda like in MM. Let's say you get joust multiball madness. It's about the same

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts