Has anyone extracted a targa/.tga from a .rez file?

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm no hacker, but I've had a project for awhile trying to extract individual files from the .rez files. I can get text files out pretty easily... the reason I started this was to get the table instructions so I wouldn't have to transcribe them. I got the ROM's and some sounds extracted from Haunted House. But I got stuck on the targa/.tga files. I had to mess with the headers (or I think I did?) for the sound files, so I know about headers, but the .tga's are confusing me. And I'm getting mixed up about .tga compression versus TPA compression.

Anyway, I thought I'd just throw a quick post up, to see if anyone had extracted one of the .tga's and had pointers, or a link to an extracted one that I could look at. Seems unlikely but maybe? :)

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
There's methods for capturing the models for any DirectX game (just look at all the Source Filmmaker stuff), I wanted to see if I could texture swap TPAs assets with some from VP/FP but I gave up on that.

I grab all* my instruction cards from this place http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

*most of them, and I think farsight does this too.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.