Bug Having a problem with the goals in Starship Troopers

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
So I managed to advance to the Wizard Goals on Starship Troopers, but there was this weird glitch where my controls got stuck while inputting a high score, and I had no choice but to close the window.

When I started the game later, I got back to having only 3 Standard Goals, and the remaining two aren't activating no matter how many times I try 'em. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Well, it seems like Starship Troopers fixed itself, the goals went back to working. But now the same thing happened on HS2, and I lost the goals I had in that table. Is this happening to anyone else?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaibun/screenshot/424815928371232329

The reason the initial entry screen is up like that is do to an emulation bug that several of the tables have. Because the game is on free play, if you hit Select after entering initials, the emulation will assume you are pressing the "Start" button to start another game which is why you see the gear shift plunge animation in that picture. You should be able to pause and exit then start a new game.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The reason the initial entry screen is up like that is do to an emulation bug that several of the tables have. Because the game is on free play, if you hit Select after entering initials, the emulation will assume you are pressing the "Start" button to start another game which is why you see the gear shift plunge animation in that picture. You should be able to pause and exit then start a new game.

Why not suppress that popup in emulated games that allow initials to be entered? The emulation can handle it okay - see games like BSD where it can take an age for the initial entry popup to appear - so is it really necessary?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the reason is because often start and plunger are bound to the same key.

the start button only works when the popup is there.

you CANNOT pause when the popup is there. escape is ignored.

the only option is to to get a tilt warning which will cause the ball to plunge, and play out all the players of the game. after game over, wait for the high score list to pop up, which will remove the initial popup.

on games with manual plungers you need to use the analog/mouse to plunge to get through the game and fix the bug.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.