Head 2 Head stuff currently in PinballArcade.exe file

invitro

May 4, 2012
I've made some comments here about what I expect the Head 2 Head mode to be. These comments are based on things I've seen in the TPA game files. I don't think I've posted them before, so here are a bunch of them, without any comment (I may comment later):

______the below is found in PinballArcade.exe, PC/Steam version 1.51.8_______
This is an experimental Head To Head mode of Pinball Arcade. Press QUEUE to enter the queue and play against another player to see who reaches the target score first. If neither player reaches the target score, the player with the highest score wins.

Compete in quick paced online head-to-head matches against other players.

An invite has been recieved from: %s.
Your invite has been sent. Waiting for a responce...
You have entered the queue...please wait

GameTypeBattle
GameTypeRace
GameTypeTenMin
GameTypeFiveMin
GameTypeHiScore

LOSSES / WINS
Random Match
Play Friend
Invite Friend
Your game has ended and your score is %s. Your opponent's score is %s.
You have lost! Your opponent has reached the target score of %s first.
You have reached the target score of %s and won!
Leave Queue
Enter Queue

mySQLConnect failed in Head2HeadFSM::postScoreAsync().
INSERT INTO HeadToHead_PBA.GameEntries (`score1`,`scoreTime1`,`userName1`) VALUES (%lld,'NOW()','%s')
UPDATE HeadToHead_PBA.GameEntries SET score2 = %lld, scoreTime2 = 'NOW()', status = 'scoreUpdate' WHERE userName1 = '%s'

Seasons & Tables
Season %d
SEASON
Table Pack %d
Losses:
Wins:
Head-To-Head

Table Setup is not available in Head-to-Head mode.
Pro Mode features are Disabled in Head-to-Head mode.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Take this as what they are gunning for, but not necessarily what it will be. H2H is in beta, a very early beta, and the only mode even listed there is high score.

I'm saying this everywhere I can too, make your opinions known now on what you want the lobby experience to be like. How matchmaking is done. Give examples. For example, I've mentioned it should follow the model of Rock Band, not CoD. I'd also like to be able to play pinball while waiting for a match, and then get pulled into the match once it's ready. Capiche?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Sounds promising :)

I want to be able to play H2H on the tables designed for it, like AG Soccer and the Joust Challenger NBA FB ect when they come

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think some of this code has been in for quite awhile. I know Ryan was working on it when SYT and I were up at Big Bear and that was a few years ago.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Yes, it's been there for a long time. I made one check: the "GMStartHead2Head" string first appears in October 2015.

I wouldn't expect Farsight to devote many resources to working on this. I'm guessing that it won't being in much money. If I were their business manager, I'd probably want to not work on it at all until Ghostbusters and AC/DC were on sale for all the big platforms. I think those guys and other new Stern tables will make mucho dinares for Farsight (and/or Stern) and allow them to spend time on less profitable ventures.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah they're a bunch of losers are game devs. They only do that because they couldn't get real jobs writing real software for real businesses. I mean who on earth would deliberately want to go work for a company where you're writing fun stuff and get to play pinball in the office? Dorks.

Of course I'm just kidding. Probably.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.