Head to head options

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
A.G. Soccer Ball is on its way! What other head to head games are there? I have seen lots of Joust talk, I would like to request the best gameplay video if somone would like to post. Also I think it was SYT talking about Breakshot or NBA or some basketball theme table having the capability to link to annother machine for some type of head to head? Would love more info. Please post videos

I found this while searching, though a one off, i want formally request it as our next head to head game :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
I keep saying this, so I guess I'll say it again: A.G. Soccer-Ball is doable in TPA solely because of the flipper switches. Joust doesn't have these (I don't think any other table does, except maybe the Irons and Woods prototype?), ergo Joust is not any more likely to come to TPA just because AGSB is. I don't think I'm wrong, but maybe I am because this message doesn't seem to be taking :). (Someone please correct me if I have a screw loose, it's happened many times before...)

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I keep saying this, so I guess I'll say it again: A.G. Soccer-Ball is doable in TPA solely because of the flipper switches. Joust doesn't have these (I don't think any other table does, except maybe the Irons and Woods prototype?), ergo Joust is not any more likely to come to TPA just because AGSB is. I don't think I'm wrong, but maybe I am because this message doesn't seem to be taking :). (Someone please correct me if I have a screw loose, it's happened many times before...)

Yeah I remember this, thing is I will probably only play Soccer Ball solo of the achievements cannot be had in multiplayer. If enough people like Soccer Ball, I wouldnt mind tables that are 2 player only so long as they are awesome

invitro

May 4, 2012
I think something that is very confusing is that the upcoming (?) Head 2 Head mode has NOTHING to do with the head-to-head play on AGSB. At least, I feel confident that this is the case, though I don't think I've seen many people chime in to agree with me, so this is the loose screw I'm talking about...

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I think something that is very confusing is that the upcoming (?) Head 2 Head mode has NOTHING to do with the head-to-head play on AGSB. At least, I feel confident that this is the case, though I don't think I've seen many people chime in to agree with me, so this is the loose screw I'm talking about...

Interesting I just assumed thats what it was for. So you think the main focous will be online multiplayer? Reading of the long game times of some of the great scorers Im not too sure how well that will even go over

Was thinking the basketball machine would be stand alone with the option for head tohead if I understood. The trpple Jungle Lord could be an extra for the stand alone. For Joust, they can just do a Space Invaiders double or somthing

Last edited:

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015

That's assuming the upcoming head to head is the same as the proof of concept head to head that was alpha'ed on Android back when Ryan Routon still worked for FarSight.

RE Snorzel's fear of long game times: With how it worked in the alpha/proof of concept was a limited time game. Much like the old 5 minute races in IRC; if any one remembers those. In the alpha you played AFM against the first open player in the lobby. I can't remember if you knew who you were playing against. You played until time ran out, or you lost all your balls. The player with the highest score at the end of the allotted time "won". It was very simple, no extra UI, no seeing the other players progress, or score in real time.

AFAIK there hasn't been any new info about how, or what the Head to Head mode will actually entail, especially with the upcoming release of AGSB. Maybe we all have a screw loose on this topic though ...

invitro

May 4, 2012
That's assuming the upcoming head to head is the same as the proof of concept head to head that was alpha'ed on Android back when Ryan Routon still worked for FarSight.

RE Snorzel's fear of long game times: With how it worked in the alpha/proof of concept was a limited time game. Much like the old 5 minute races in IRC; if any one remembers those. In the alpha you played AFM against the first open player in the lobby. I can't remember if you knew who you were playing against. You played until time ran out, or you lost all your balls. The player with the highest score at the end of the allotted time "won". It was very simple, no extra UI, no seeing the other players progress, or score in real time.

AFAIK there hasn't been any new info about how, or what the Head to Head mode will actually entail, especially with the upcoming release of AGSB. Maybe we all have a screw loose on this topic though ...

I think I read the rules in one of the .rez files, and I think it was a race to a certain score, and I think a Farsight person said something to confirm that in a some fairly recent kickstarter. I could be dreaming all of those things. :)

In any case, the head-to-head in AGSB is you vs the CPU, not you vs another human.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=pinballdb&id=632&image=3

Looked this ^ up because of Spork98765, comment in the 48 speculation thread.

flyer_joustpinball.jpg

I now want Joust that much more. It would be worth it knowing 1 player is a possibility

Members online

Members online