Hey check this out (blatant bragging inside)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Well done! Some good sponsors there, did you get any good loot?

Looks like you played on some good machines, too. Getting Tron and then AfM? Lucky bugger!

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'm pretty sure you cheated. You sure you didn't drug your competitors?

:)

Well done, sir.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I played my first official IFPA points tournament yesterday and somehow in a complete stoke of beginners luck.. I won!

http://buffalopinball.wordpress.com/2014/05/18/eric-russell-wins-ifpa-oursler-tournament-buffalo/

I was far from the best player there but everyone seemed to have their worst games when they played against me.

That's all it takes for a win, mate!

I only got into the final of my league because hardly anyone showed up one month. :p

I battle for last place in June.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Thanks for the kind words guys, it was definitely an interesting day.

Well done! Some good sponsors there, did you get any good loot?

Looks like you played on some good machines, too. Getting Tron and then AfM? Lucky bugger!

Yeah I got $150 for winning ($25 was the entry fee) and I also got a $50 MezelMods gift cert on a $20 auction bid (which I'm using on the Donut Heaven mod for my HS2). I dropped a little more cash on raffles and such but I definitely made out very well overall. The tournament also raised over $800 for Barry Oursler which was great.

The host has an amazing collection, played a bunch of A-list games all day including STLE, AC/DC Premium, Spider Man Black, Iron Man, Tron, AFM, and Monster Bash that was my go-to game for the final. The guy I played in the final and a few others were more old school and picked games like Paragon, Future Spa, and Counterforce mostly.

I'm pretty sure you cheated. You sure you didn't drug your competitors?

:)

Well done, sir.

Everyone was drinking a little but I think it was pretty even for everyone heheh. I did luck into a buy in the opening round because of someone not showing up.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Hah, I just had a look and that Donut Heaven mod looks nuts. The cars for HS2 look great as well. Hell of a score for you!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.