Request High Resolution Ipad Screenshots Thread

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
4n23.png

egku.png

dirtslinger

Jul 22, 2013
lol I was always buying my tables on my ipad. I do have a ps3 and a 1080p 60 inch tv. But for some reason my ps3 was on a 480p setting. I was like "what is going on with the graphics, the ipad looks so much better". Well I have not turned my ps3 too 1080p and wow. The tables over on the ps3 look 10x better then the ipad. But I am running the ipad 2 also.

ravager

Jul 20, 2012
lol I was always buying my tables on my ipad. I do have a ps3 and a 1080p 60 inch tv. But for some reason my ps3 was on a 480p setting. I was like "what is going on with the graphics, the ipad looks so much better". Well I have not turned my ps3 too 1080p and wow. The tables over on the ps3 look 10x better then the ipad. But I am running the ipad 2 also.

There is huge difference in resolution if you are using the ipad2 vs iPad3/4. But the PS3 lighting makes every table look better on that platform.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Thanks for posting the screenshots, sotie....by the time I can even think of taking a screenshot to post, you've already posted them! ;)

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
The colors on this version look magnificent. I play on PS3 so compared to this, it's very dark.

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me on which mobile device I can get the better TPA experience? The Vita version looks unsatisfying, and of the other mobile versions I don't know which one to buy. Many Thanks.

Last edited:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Ipad3 or 4. Portrait mode gives a full table view and the retina displays pops with crispness.

I can't comment on Android tablets as I've never played TPA on one.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I agree with gooche77. I play on both the iPad 3 & 4 and love the sharpness and clarity. I had an iPad 2 previously and the graphics were good, but lacked the sharpness of the iPad 3/4 Retina display. The iPad mini may also be an option...it's not retina but that probably won't be a factor since the screen is smaller.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I have an iPad Mini which is a little sharper than an iPad or iPad 2 since the screen is smaller. My brother has an iPad 3 and I can tell the difference in sharpness as well as a bit smoother gameplay. However, I'm gonna stick to the mini because of the much lighter weight. I'd guess Apple will release a retina mini either this year or next. Maybe then I'll upgrade but with a PS4 on pre-order, money for tech stuff will be tight this fall. With that said it will be a long while till the iPad's look as good as a PS3, let alone the PS4.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
As an ipad4 owner, it might be odd for me to mention the latest version of the Nexus 7. As I understand it, the screen is not "retina", but it is sharper than the current ipad mini. It's lighter than the ipad mini. And, it's only $200.

It's caught my eye, and I'm a mac-head. The only reason why I haven't taken the plunge is that all my tables are in the ipad eco-system. I'm just hoping Apple has an answer for the Nexus 7. I love playing on my ipad4, but it gets a little heavy.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
At the moment I have an iPad Mini, iPad 3 and a couple of iPad 2's in my household running TPA. I definitely prefer to play using the iPad Mini. It's much easier to hold for extended periods and as others have said the screen looks better than an iPad 2.

It looks like an iPad Mini Retina display won't be coming until the 3rd version and the 2nd version will feature a faster processor but no one knows for sure until Apple makes an announcement.

night

May 18, 2012
As an ipad4 owner, it might be odd for me to mention the latest version of the Nexus 7. As I understand it, the screen is not "retina", but it is sharper than the current ipad mini. It's lighter than the ipad mini. And, it's only $200.

It's caught my eye, and I'm a mac-head. The only reason why I haven't taken the plunge is that all my tables are in the ipad eco-system. I'm just hoping Apple has an answer for the Nexus 7. I love playing on my ipad4, but it gets a little heavy.

Yea, I wish some tech-head finds a way to put a completely functioning iOS on an Android device. I would love to put on my HTC phone!

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
The colors on this version look magnificent. I play on PS3 so compared to this, it's very dark.

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me on which mobile device I can get the better TPA experience? The Vita version looks unsatisfying, and of the other mobile versions I don't know which one to buy. Many Thanks.
iPad 3 or 4, with an iCade Core controller. And yes, the iPad is kind of heavy, but once you put it in the iCade that is irrelevant.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I'll post two screenshots (camera view 1/2) this month since we're only getting one table.

n5be.png

mj38.png

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Both tables are a bit dark this month. Kinda missing the bright, colorful look I've come to expect from the mobile version. Teed Off was also dark, but Haunted House was very bright. Wonder what's up with that?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.