Bug High scores not being saved/restored between different devices

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Somewhere around the last two TPA versions (not sure exactly which), I noticed that my scores are no longer being saved/restored (synced) between my devices.

Previously, it always worked like this:
1. Get a high score or table goal
2. Exit table after the game & use Options/Back up save data, then select Remote

Afterwards, I could then go to my other devices (logged into the SAME Farsight account) and do the following:
1. Options/Restore save data, then select Remote

All of my scores and table goals would then be synced to my other devices (again, logged into the SAME Farsight account).

This no longer works since the last 2-3 versions. The scores and table goals no longer transfer over to the additional devices when the save data is restored. As I mentioned, this always worked fine in the past. As it stands now, my scores and table goals are stuck on the device that I achieved them on rather than being synced to the others. It also doesn't matter which device the high scores/goals were achieved on...they stay on that device only.

Is this a bug or now a new "feature"?

All devices are on the same iOS version (currently iOS 9.1), the same TPA version (the newest v5.3.0, MS Frankenstein) and are logged into the same Farsight account.

BTW, Hall of Fame points are fine.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'll check up on this on my devices, because this would essentially prevent my own backup strategy: I use my other iOS devices as an extra backup in case a new table/TPA or iOS version give problems. I'm actually now updating to iOS 9.1 on my main device, so fingers crossed that everything will work afterward...

ajholz

Aug 11, 2015
I've noticed this exact same problem. I backed up / restored religiously between my iPhone and iPad using previous TPA versions. Starting one or two TPA versions ago (when High Speed II was released possibly?), backup/restore stopped working.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yup, confirmed! This is annoying for people who use different devices to play, but also takes away a very safe backup option as I said above. I would very much like a fix for this problem!

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Thanks for the confirmation, guys. This needs to be addressed. It's been like this for 2-3 TPA versions, maybe more. At first I thought it was something (who knows what) on my end...but after 2-3 TPA versions and now other confirmations, I see that it's not.

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
This seems to be resolved since Sunday when I believe Farsight's servers were restarted.

Thanks again FlippyFloppy.

Members online

Members online