Historical Fact Of The Day

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
April 4th, 1989
Last NBA game of the great Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

giphy.gif

I'll always remember him as Lew Alcindor. He's a very nice man, one of my favorite people that I've met. Bruce Lee really changed his life.
That's all I should say.

That skyhook is vicious though. I'm a die hard Laker fan just for him.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
Just watched the latest Dorian Gray movie a cpuple of days ago. Not too bad. Kareem, Oscar... I really like your choices!

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
April 6th, 1979
Wedding of Rod Stewart & model Alana Collins.

images

(Alana is on the left)

Last edited:

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
On this planet earth, only 3 countries have not officially adopted the metric system.
Myanmar, Liberia and ta dah! - the US of A.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
40822.png

And here's a fact :
Metric system ? Whose flag is on the moon ?
(Damn !)

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Is it true that they have alcohol in powder form, or am I just hearing a bunch of fibs. Powder that gets u drunk, I'll have to google it later

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
In 1866, on April, 9th, the Civil Rights Act passes the US-Congress. A great day for the USA.
But, what a shame, President Andrew Johnson (have a look at this "nice" and "philanthropic" man, down under. He would have been a great actor as Lex Luthor) voted against it. And the native americans were excluded, due not paying taxes.

Andrew_Johnson,_1875.jpg

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Is it true that they have alcohol in powder form, or am I just hearing a bunch of fibs

I'll change my milkshakes recipe.

In 1866, on April, 9th, the Civil Rights Act passes the US-Congress. A great day for the USA.
But, what a shame, President Andrew Johnson (have a look at this "nice" and "philanthropic" man, down under. He would have been a great actor as Lex Luthor) voted against it. And the native americans were excluded, due not paying taxes.

Give those people dried milk !

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Is it true that they have alcohol in powder form, or am I just hearing a bunch of fibs. Powder that gets u drunk, I'll have to google it later

You can't create pure powdered ethanol any more than you can create powdered water, at least at room temperature. From the great Steven Wright "I bought some dehydrated water, but I don't know what to add to it." It can be molecularly encapsulated though, essentially trapping the something that is a normally a liquid inside a larger molecule which is a solid. See http://www.google.com/patents/US3795747 for a patent on this process. There is a Wikipedia page with more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_powder . I don't really see the point, I find alcohol in its liquid form to be quite convenient.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Workshed,
Are we really sure that "EXAMPLE XII A 200 g. amount of the bulked dextrin of Example X-I was blended with 200 g. of absolute ethyl alcohol in a Hobart mixer at a speed of No. 2 with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. A dry-to-the-touch free flowing powder was obtained that contained 50% alcohol, 48.9% dextrin and 1.1% moisture. The bulked ethanol-containing flowable powder was packed as in Example 11 and retained its flowable characteristics and its original alcohol content when stored for a period exceeding 6 months." ?
I doubt it.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Workshed,
Are we really sure that "EXAMPLE XII A 200 g. amount of the bulked dextrin of Example X-I was blended with 200 g. of absolute ethyl alcohol in a Hobart mixer at a speed of No. 2 with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. A dry-to-the-touch free flowing powder was obtained that contained 50% alcohol, 48.9% dextrin and 1.1% moisture. The bulked ethanol-containing flowable powder was packed as in Example 11 and retained its flowable characteristics and its original alcohol content when stored for a period exceeding 6 months." ?
I doubt it.

I doubt it as well as the very thought of storing alcohol for six whole months is foreign to me. Lucille Bluth has assured me it goes off quite quickly.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
April 10th, 1970
Paul McCartney officially announces the split of The Beatles.

tumblr_m4ws9ngYQf1qb5gkjo1_500.gif

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
April 11th, 1981
Race riot in London area of Brixton.

[video=youtube;y1F9MV4I1mg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y1F9MV4I1mg[/video]

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
April 12th, 1961
Yuri Alexeyevich Gagarin becomes 1st person to orbit Earth.

terechkova.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.