Hmm, silverball tournament cheats?

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Say, wasn't that cross posting bug eliminated..? Or is this some other hack? This Sum Ting Wong guy is either a really damn good player or some skilled script kid ;) 20 mio on haunted house makes me a little suspicious...

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Say, wasn't that cross posting bug eliminated..? Or is this some other hack? This Sum Ting Wong guy is either a really damn good player or some skilled script kid ;) 20 mio on haunted house makes me a little suspicious...

total cheater. also his name is a reference to a racist joke made after the crash of Asiana Flight 214. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/26/ktvu-fired-producer-fake-pilot-names_n_3658308.html FarSight needs to BAN and DELETE him immediately.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
Not to encourage or condone the use of that username in any way, but that "joke" name has been around for FAR longer than that.

Also, I have a hard enough trying to get decent position on the leader boards. Having these mega scores at the top of the charts is rather discouraging, at the least. Some might be obviously bogus, but other cheat scores just lower the rankings of those who play by the rules.

Sure wish there was a way for FarSight to identify and purge the cheats from the leader boards.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Not to encourage or condone the use of that username in any way, but that "joke" name has been around for FAR longer than that.

Also, I have a hard enough trying to get decent position on the leader boards. Having these mega scores at the top of the charts is rather discouraging, at the least. Some might be obviously bogus, but other cheat scores just lower the rankings of those who play by the rules.

Sure wish there was a way for FarSight to identify and purge the cheats from the leader boards.

well it doesn't matter how long the joke has been around - it's still offensive and pretty disgraceful that FarSight is letting it sit there at the top of the tournament (silver division) with a bunch of obviously bogus scores.

Last edited:

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
well it doesn't matter how long the joke has been around - it's still offensive and pretty disgraceful that FarSight is letting it sit there at the top of the tournament (silver division) with a bunch of obviously bogus scores.

No disagreement from me.

I'd prefer all the bogus scores be gone, but getting rid of offensive usernames with bogus scores would be a good start.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
My Chinese wife doesn't find that racist. It's a word play that makes a joke out of how many Chinese and Korean names are formed, but not necessarily racist.

Here is a joke, please tell me if you think this is racist or not:

What do you call a Russian with three balls? Oojanik Abolokov

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
To get this topic resurrected again... Yippie - at least someone achieved 500 millions on centaur in 20 minutes!

Hurray.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I suggest to ban guys like MOO from current the tournament. And again from the next two, if caught cheating again. Third time permanent ban from tournaments.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I suggest to ban guys like MOO from current the tournament. And again from the next two, if caught cheating again. Third time permanent ban from tournaments.

I would have to agree, while I suspect MOO is a cheat, he does post great, but normal scores on other tables so tough to tell.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
They said to email their support address with suspicious scores. Maybe if we all do, they will do something about it.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I would have to agree, while I suspect MOO is a cheat, he does post great, but normal scores on other tables so tough to tell.
Hard to tell, why he's cheating anyway, if he's able to score great. Leaderboards and hof points indicate cheating too. Not all, but a few... That's why a warning shot like I suggested might help... Or not :)

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Okay. I just rolled Centaur, and it gave me a million points. There are 4 players with over 10,000,000 who clearly rolled as well but didn't get screwed. Any thoughts as to why this would happen to some and not others?

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Can it be, that if you end your game by draining it rolls it over, but if you time out, TPA - as it keeps track - submits the correct score?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013

Maybe he didn't want the scores to look suspicious, but then his ego made him slip up and post that absurd centaur score just to show off.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
I do think MOO he plays on android as he mention something about the droid version in one post. And didn't he sneak in a 44M score on HH in the last tournament?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Okay. I just rolled Centaur, and it gave me a million points. There are 4 players with over 10,000,000 who clearly rolled as well but didn't get screwed. Any thoughts as to why this would happen to some and not others?

Almost made it there to test it, but alas, only 9.7M. Not sure how much more I will play of that tourney if there are so many cheats again. I will say that Crusty Booger is definitely not a cheat, and has a posted score on Centaur of over 9,999,999.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Mayuh, you are right. If the game ends naturally, rolling over bug does not occur. If the timer ends your game, the rollover bug is in effect.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Here's hoping they do take care of it. He vaulted up to first place on the last evening, with that score putting him over the top.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.