Bug HOF points

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Haven't seen them....we'll probably have to wait for a new update before that's fixed. I hope the "Restore HOF points" button works then, so I get my belated Indy500 points.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I really hope that they will be back without restoring. A lot of my best games were offline.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I hope they fix this soon. I'm on holiday with a few days off and nothing much to do. While the wife sunbathes I wanna play my TPA, but it's kinda frustrating when you have a good game to know that you have zero chance of beating your top points score.

I know I know I should just play for the fun of it. But that *is* part of the fun of it.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Any update?

I keep going to the AppStore to see if they've just rolled it back to before the 'update' so people can get back to enjoying the games ...... and then they could re-release it maybe (as an optional update) when they fixed all the bugs in it

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Do you show 0 for all HOF scores? Or is it certain tables?
Or does it just not update when you get a new highest score?

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Well for Indy500 it shows this - and yes, I'm online when I play.
7268103d782998892763dac7fb7b1920.png
and look it's doubling up in the local high scores table
573629f17fab5a31c67b4c007ce855bd.png

and for a couple of other tables it clearly knows I've been higher than the points its awarding me (AFM is 110B for the 1000, and Gorgar is 1.5M)
e3345b7b018572693d687f0d38ed880c.png
669a8274d084c6ce6fffe76b8c04c344.png

so it doesn't exactly encourage me to go and try to beat high scores if they're just not gonna register. I will only get a high score once in 12+ hours of play, so I'm not inclined to go testing if it works on other tables until I can see my Indy score awarding me points.

Plus there's no screen anymore that tells me my overall HOF points for each table, and to see my total points (which now I cannot see what it's made up of, and I don't trust for reasons already given) I have to go to leaderboard for Xenon and click next table (or TAF and previous table).

And look, it can't make its mind up what my HoF score is either (one view is next from Xenon, the other is the little podium button from the Indy screen from the multiple pinball icons screen). YPS is me and so is Dan B. No doubt that is the reason for the AFM point discrepancy
a9a9c01222c940c0c23e83f671e61df1.png

I had to set up a new account 2 years ago when it all broke before and now I can't get it to unify them. I prefer the YPS one obviously as that's the one I put all my efforts into. So is it 26,452 or 25,864?
5d5c160d7210e7588a618da1cee9ffde.png
5b179e6bcac3ae15f275ce71a34e28bc.png

I preferred it before they broke it, and I'm yet to see a single person who doesn't agree with that summary. I miss this screen -
2549b8f38adb57eb9168c32c6806d2c7.jpg

I've tried rebooting the phone/tablet. I've disconnected and reconnected from wifi. I've logged out and back in to the app. I've tried 'manage tables' and 'restore purchases' and 'restore save data' and 'restore HoF points' (several times, as that one doesn't stick). Even tried logging out and in the 'Game Centre' and changing 'Game Center save' to on and off, whatever tf that is (does anyone actually care about that, can't they just unwrap that extra layer of gubbins?)

I suggest they go to that 'what's new' button and just say in there that what's new is a new table (thanks, it's fun) and apart from that, they ballsed loads of stuff up.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm with you Dan, I really want to see my HOF points total on the "home page" of the app, and would really like to see a list of seperate HOF points score per table to see where I want to put my energy next. Not getting any HOF points and not having a good overview actually decreases my appetite for playing a bit, although it could als be my need for a holiday. I didn't know my Gamecenter name is my full real name, funny to see that on somebody's else's list. I probably filled that in when I was still in my trusting days back when I got my first iPhone....
Actually there can be discrepancies between Gamecenter and TPA, but I forgot why that was. You'll have to post a new HOF point total in TPA to get it to synch with Gamecenter. I believe you can't go down in Gamecenter.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Ok, thanks guys. I was talking about it with Flippy yesterday. I don't really pay much attention to HOF scores. But I did notice I also had 0 for Indy 500. Just wanted to get a better idea of the issues people are having.

I also had the double posting of high scores on the personal top five score list.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Here is what the HoF leaderboards will look like in the upcoming update.

There will be a link in the table select overlay next to the leaderboard button. It's not in yet but ratings will be removed and Favorites will be added and My Rating Sort Option will be My Tables which will sort by favorite tables, owned tables and then non-purchased tables.
13718644_1255410281157632_6339782099777189375_n.jpg

When the HoF leaderboard is selected it will take you to the list of tables with their HoF score displayed that you can scroll down in like the in the previous UI. We've added a shortcut on the bottom right to view the online leaderboards.
13754408_1255410517824275_8237547351723743811_n.jpg

Were still actively working on updating the New UI and we will mention issues that are resolved in our monthly Newsletter.
13754584_1255410511157609_1201606631978296119_n.jpg

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
but why not have them on that big table popup? Like on DanBradford image. Why do we have to go to another level and then scroll? And then go back to table selection to actually play the one that we want to improve the score on. Since we wont be able to select table from the HoF point list. This is worse than Inception......
That popup is big enough to contain all the relevant info of the table.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
but why not have them on that big table popup? Like on DanBradford image. Why do we have to go to another level and then scroll? And then go back to table selection to actually play the one that we want to improve the score on. Since we wont be able to select table from the HoF point list. This is worse than Inception......
That popup is big enough to contain all the relevant info of the table.

The table HoF score and Highest table score are going above the table goals with the Favorite highlight. It's temporarily removed for the button arrangement and will be patched in a week after release of the upcoming table.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'll probably have to see this for myself, but it sounds great to me. Thanks for giving attention to the HOF addicts!

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Thanks Floppy.

I'm guessing the mood at Farsight HQ is a bit glum (if they actually read or hear any of the new user interface feedback). It must suck to see everyone here apparently just complaining on what used to just be a fanboy forum. It seems you are the only one from FS who bothers to reply to us, so I appreciate your efforts and feel sorry for you, if - as it appears - you are the only one tasked with trying to stomp all the bugs, while the rest of the staff keep making new product and seeking out new ways to (1) sell it, and (2) change stuff that inevitably ****s something else up.

I (still) love my TPA. I just want my chicks for free back again

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks Floppy.

I'm guessing the mood at Farsight HQ is a bit glum (if they actually read or hear any of the new user interface feedback). It must suck to see everyone here apparently just complaining on what used to just be a fanboy forum. It seems you are the only one from FS who bothers to reply to us, so I appreciate your efforts and feel sorry for you, if - as it appears - you are the only one tasked with trying to stomp all the bugs, while the rest of the staff keep making new product and seeking out new ways to (1) sell it, and (2) change stuff that inevitably ****s something else up.

I (still) love my TPA. I just want my chicks for free back again

A lot of us here want to make TPA a better game overall and make it as close to possible as the #1 Pinball experience and we'll keep fixing the the older tables and improving new ones. I'm starting acquire some of the newsletters for bug fix updates and generally a lot of the stuff we change is generated from user feedback, whether it's positive or negative.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.