how do you feel that steam get's CBW and Dorado already?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I'm a bit frustrated. Steam already has Cue ball Wizard and Dorado already available to them and yet we're still waiting for 1812 and victory. I know X-boX players will snicker at this remark. That said I'm leaning towards getting tables on STEAM over my PS3 for the next season. Tables play much better on the PC for some reason.

Thoughts?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's the policy of Sony. If XBLA or Wii-U had games, they'd be experiencing the same issues with release timing. On the other hand, mobile devices also have those games already.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
If speed of release is more important than the reasons that you like to play it it on the PS3 then you should switch. There's no reason to get frustrated about the release of the game on a platform that you aren't playing on.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
PC is absolutely the way to go. TPA on PC in portrait mode is best thing going right now. I may never play PS3 version again, actually. Might have to update my profile.....change my devices to only PC and android...:eek:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
As an aforementioned XBOX player, it feels damn good actually.

Android gets me pumped for the PC release and then PC releases.

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
I'm a bit frustrated. Steam already has Cue ball Wizard and Dorado already available to them and yet we're still waiting for 1812 and victory. I know X-boX players will snicker at this remark. That said I'm leaning towards getting tables on STEAM over my PS3 for the next season. Tables play much better on the PC for some reason.

Thoughts?

PC version gets me pumped for PS3 but that's just me. I dislike playing games on the PC for the most part. It's just too much of a hassle. Consoles are just pop a game and play, but on PC there's a million things that can go wrong and I have no patience for that.

Why do you say the PC version plays better? I have not tried it yet with my Xbox 360 gamepad, but on keyboard the nudging and plunging is very bad, not accurate at all.

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
PC version gets me pumped for PS3 but that's just me. I dislike playing games on the PC for the most part. It's just too much of a hassle. Consoles are just pop a game and play, but on PC there's a million things that can go wrong and I have no patience for that.

Why do you say the PC version plays better? I have not tried it yet with my Xbox 360 gamepad, but on keyboard the nudging and plunging is very bad, not accurate at all.

I guess maybe I'm experiencing the 'input Lag' That was mentioned so long ago. It didn't bother me that much but I do feel that my shots are more accurate on the PC. Also the older tables seem to be tweaked up since I recall that the PS3 tables aren't even on par with the mobile releases. Try it with an Xbox pad. IMO it plays better. Or if you have a PS3 controller there is a way to use that.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I feel basically nothing because its exactly what I would expect. PC should get the new tables right around when mobiles do, right?

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I'd just like to pipe in that as someone who started on PS3 and moved to PC the versions seem more or less identical to me. I think PC has a handful of physics/emulation fixes on tables that PS3 doesn't, probably because of the PS3 patching issue, but nothing major. Lack of flipper lag is nice too. I never even noticed it on PS3 when playing so it was minor, but after switching over there's definitely a slight increase in responsiveness.

On the negative side there's no friends leaderboard on PC currently, and the main leaderboard it uses is the aggregate one from Farsight's site so tons of dodgy scores out there. If they manage to bring in a friend leaderboard it'll definitely be the best version for me.

Last edited:

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I can wait too since that's my only option! December is coming fast and we'll get 19 and 20 soon enough. Hopefully some major bugs get resolved as well.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

Thoughts?

My snicker is "ear-to-ear"!

BTW, at one point, I considered getting a PS3 just for TPA, before I got my Nexus 7, and before it got greenlit on Steam.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
Silly question, but I've never played on Steam before. Can you plug & play with an Xbox 360 controller on Windows 7? I'm curious what kind of setup you steam users prefer - keyboard or some other device?

I'm kind of in a different gaming zone than I was a couple of years ago. I'm spending money restoring and maintaining pinball machines rather than buying new consoles. And that is pretty much influenced by my enjoyment of the Crave disc and TPA. I might have to check out Steam one of these days.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Silly question, but I've never played on Steam before. Can you plug & play with an Xbox 360 controller on Windows 7? I'm curious what kind of setup you steam users prefer - keyboard or some other device?

I'm kind of in a different gaming zone than I was a couple of years ago. I'm spending money restoring and maintaining pinball machines rather than buying new consoles. And that is pretty much influenced by my enjoyment of the Crave disc and TPA. I might have to check out Steam one of these days.

Yes you can and it's mapped just like it was on the 360, which should be pretty well the same as on PS3.

I recommend it wholeheartedly, in portrait mode, with newly implemented analog nudging.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
I finally gave Steam a try. Not sure what took me so long, but it's very nice to be back on track. I've got a FT at home, so will probably wait to see what's added to season 3 but I went with the season 2 tables for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.