How do you play your multiballs?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I tend to play on the fly, don't really bother cradling, just concentrate on keeping them away from the flippers.

Not the most strategic play, but its fun :D

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I tend to play on the fly, don't really bother cradling, just concentrate on keeping them away from the flippers.

Not the most strategic play, but its fun :D

I play the same way. you can actually rack up some good scores using this method on certain machines. MB and AFM are good examples of this.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
My answer?

Terribly.

I try to cradle at least some but usually end up losing at least one ball without even knowing what the heck is going on. And then it all just goes south from there :)

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
It really depends on the table and its flow. Sometimes I cradle them and other times I just juggle (play on the fly).

Last edited:

Day

Jan 9, 2013
a fun answer to a fun question...

this way:

u7u3ujy2.jpg

Solution: Any Which Way But Loose

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I play on the fly, due to the fact that I don't like keeping one of the flippers out of commission when there are multiple balls flying around.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
With the exception of tables like FunHouse where scoring well during multiball involves a precise sequence of shots, I usually juggle. Sometimes if I'm down to 2 balls and I have something big lit after multiball finishes (like LITZ), I will cradle one ball and not let go of it for anything, just to prevent a stupid double drain.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I like to cradle enless it's LITZ then I go silly, but I like during a cradle you can use that ball for a bounce off to the other flipper :)

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Lots of juggling with an occasional cradle if the opportunity presents itself and there's something important to shoot for.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
During the part of multi ball where the ball saver is active, I never cradle. I usually aim for high risk targets, like any instant drain targets. Like the lamp in TOTAN or the saucer in AFM.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Well I've been playing White Water lately on the PS3 and I usually cradle the left flipper and shoot either the right ramp or no way out lane to shoot for Insanity falls jackpots. White Water doesn't have a ball saver so I shoot for the triple Jackpot immediately when I can. I recently scored a billion on this table. I think It's easier than the real life table.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
In Space Shuttle, I usually just get frustrated, but if you can get the balls up into the bumpers (if they are near the top under the multiplier lanes), it helps to ease the chaos.

If you have a place where balls tend to linger then get at least one up there. For tables like AFM, standard multiball is a balance, start off by getting as many of the jackpots as you can and then total control for the super jackpot.

Space shuttle and Firepower don't have Special multiball scoring, I find the chaos can be beneficial.

Ripley's, control is paramount. Most of the letters involve collecting jackpots by hitting the center and right ramps (easiest from the right flipper) and then hitting a specific target. This tends to be when the table is at it's most unforgiving as well, especially the left outlane.

Black Hole: Try to get all the balls to the lower playfield, especially if you have at least one gravity well lit. Serious bonus territory then and it's very easy to just whack them around then.

ToM: Let the first ball dead bounce over to the left flipper and cradle it. Catch the second ball in the right flipper and straight into the trunk for the 100 Mil jackpot. then it's all center shots to build up the jackpot while banking off the left target bank into the trunk to activate the jackpot again.

MM: Just go ape****, unless the trolls are activated, then be a bit more careful until you defeat them. Then back to chaos.

BoP: Control is the name of the game

Monster Bash: Hit everything over and over

Creature: Control is king here, only two balls and you need to keep them alive. Hit the whirlpool to build the multiplier and be accurate

Scared Stiff: Left Right Left Right Left Right Left Right Left Right

Taxi: Control, get that crossover

NGG: Close my eyes and play like my 7 year old

STTNG: This game is hard enough with just one ball for god-sakes.

This is all i can think of right now...damn it's 6:30 am i need to go to bed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts