How many balls?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
When I got my Getaway last year I left it on 3 balls and not giving out extra balls for replays and specials. My thinking being there's no point making it any easier as its a home machine and I want the challenge to last as long as possible. Now recently I visited someone with a great collection and he had all his set on 5 balls. It threw me for a while, kept thinking it was game over after 3rd drain and walking away.

Anyway, now I've got The Shadow and it seems a lot harder than the Getaway I'm thinking I'm never going to get to and finish Final battle on just three balls. Or maybe I'll stick with 3 to prolong the challenge as mentioned before.

How does everyone else set up their machines? Balls, outlane posts, specials and replays etc?

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Depends what route you want to take with the hobby.

If you want to be competitive at tournaments and force yourself to improve, 3 balls, no EB's, hard rules installed and outline posts all the way out.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
A lot of folks seem to start with 5 and then as they become better at the table rules and shots, then they make the pin tougher (3 balls, move posts, etc).

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
It seems like its impossible. It took me almost 4 months to beat Goldeneye. I always had it set on 3, but thats just me. If I had 5 I would have beaten it much faster and probably felt far less satisfaction....

EDIT: And I've still only done it once ;)

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I'm not that good a player so I set the tables as steep as they will go but play 3 balls, outlanes at medium, extra balls allowed and awarded for a replay score. I set the tilt on pretty liberal as I like to shake em about. I go to leagues and tournaments but I don't enjoy the competitive side really.

I didn't spend all that money on the things so they could always leave me frustrated, I wanna have a great game every ten to twenty games, not once in a hundred.

Up to you, if you keep rinsing it then make it harder. If it keeps rinsing you then make it easier

yqyqety8.jpg

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Fun fact: I play better on 3 balls, with no extra balls. Rumor says some of the top players have set their machines to 2 balls only :)

In my experience you only have one good ball per game anyway...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts