How many tables?

Master of Trolls

Dec 18, 2012
Does anybody know if Farsight will continue this project after the initial 50 or whatever tables are complete? I see Farsight as the digital pinball archivists. :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They sad they plan to keep making tables "for years to come". So that sounds like a lot more than 50.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
It depends on how long they want to. At some point it's mission accomplished and there are just no more interesting tables to convert. Perhaps at one point we'll see a Super version - "real" physics incl. Sound, all in 3D, etc. But that will have to be a new project on 2020s hardware....

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
We have 22 tables as of this month, and the 1 year anniversary is in when, march?

It'll take at least another full year for 50.

Why stop there! Top 50 is cool, top 75 or 100 is better!

Realistically it's thier call to make. I'm totally happy if its only 50.

I will say this the service will never feel complete unless they can one day somehow get Addams family

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Why stop there! Top 50 is cool, top 75 or 100 is better!

Realistically it's thier call to make. I'm totally happy if its only 50.

I will say this the service will never feel complete unless they can one day somehow get Addams family

Not just Adams Family..... Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings etc. Some great pins with huge licenses. They will have the funding. Amazing how many people play TPA I notice on the leader boards the thousands of players playing.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Top 50 always seems to refer to the Solid State tables in practice. Obviously there are some tables in the "top 50" that won't happen but we should also get quite a few of the EM tables as well and clearly we are getting the occasional table that is borderline or out of the top 50 SS tables.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Yeah there's next to no EM's in the top 50, and I'd really love to see more on Pinball Arcade. Big Shot is too much fun.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
They'll make tables as long as they still make money selling them...

This.

I think the biggest threat is probably that people won't want to buy lesser known tables once all the most beloved pins have been distributed. But as long as the fans keep supporting new releases, I have to imagine Farsight will keep putting them out.

mc_mc

Dec 23, 2012
I'd rather see 6 high quality (art and gameplay) releases a year than 24 "poor" / average ones. Quantity isn't everything.

But looking forward to AFM this month though!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts