How much money have you spent in Pinball Arcade?

pacreis

Jun 8, 2012
Just for fun, i added how much I spent in the iOS version of pinball arcade. In total for 14 tables i spent 27,71€. That's crazy value for money knowing that here in Europe you pay 50€~70€ for a newly released console game and i have already played this game for many hours. Do you know how much you have spent in all your pinball arcade purchases?

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
$40 on Android, $30 on buying the base game for friends, $50 on Kickstarters... and as soon as the Wii U version is available, I'll rebuy all of the tables on there as well.

Considering how much time I've poured into the title (and will continue to), I see it as a steal.

LordKthulu

Oct 24, 2012
I'm not sure how much I've spent but I have purchased every table for my iPad.. and I suspect that I'll do the same when it is released on PC.

In my opinion it's totally worth every cent that I've spent.

I'm sure that back in the day I would of blown more money in an actual arcade in one night.
I dropped $75 on the Twilight Zone kickstarter and I know that I'd spent much more than that on the real table ;)

Draftcard

May 10, 2012
Ive gotten all the tables on both xbox360 (better version) and ios (portable)if i saw any of these tables on the street i would put at least 2 bucks into the machine. As soon as it comes out on PC i will buy everything there again and probably discontinue my purchases on 360 after that most likely.

At an average of 2.50 a table, paying another 50 cents to have unlimited games is a great value to me.
But people's mileage may vary....some see it as a single game, while others see it as 14 games

Jeff Carpenter

Oct 23, 2012
I bought all the tables and did it without regret considering 1 MMO will cost you more than that and usually has monthly fees and additional costs for life.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
To put this in perspective, my quest to reach Lost in the Zone on a real TZ took roughly 120 hours. Even at the extremely favorable price of $15 for 6 hours, that's $300. That doesn't include the other visits when I didn't play TZ, league fees, gas to get there and back (it's 30 miles from my house), etc.

Yet I can play 98% accurate re-creations of 10 of these tables on my 360 and 16 of them on my iPad as many times as I want, for an average of $2.50 a table.

Hence my usual reaction of contempt and disbelief whenever anyone whines about TPA tables costing too much.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
To put this in perspective, my quest to reach Lost in the Zone on a real TZ took roughly 120 hours. Even at the extremely favorable price of $15 for 6 hours, that's $300. That doesn't include the other visits when I didn't play TZ, league fees, gas to get there and back (it's 30 miles from my house), etc.

Yet I can play 98% accurate re-creations of 10 of these tables on my 360 and 16 of them on my iPad as many times as I want, for an average of $2.50 a table.

Hence my usual reaction of contempt and disbelief whenever anyone whines about TPA tables costing too much.

i dont play on mobiles but this, soooooooooo this

mark21667

Banned for Multiple Accounts
Aug 29, 2012
The 360 version and all DLC. The US PS3 version and all DLC. If the pack 5 had been released on EU PSN two days ago, I would have bought the EU version and pack 5 DLC. I am in the UK and wasn't prepared to wait for the EU release.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I havbe purchased all of the DLC packs for Android and will continue to do so. I will also purchase the game for the Wii U and also any DLC when it arrives as well.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
25$ on 360 (all tables), another 20$ on a friends 360 (gift), 20$ for my sister (gift), and I got my Dad, uncle, and my best friend to buy it (don't know if they got DLC or not, best friend bought 2 dlc packs. All 360 version).

Spending about 20$ on some iPhone tables very soon.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Well said.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

The other day I played the new STERN AC / DC table here in Brisbane. The operator prices the cost per play at $2 per credit. $3 for regulation play. For the price of a perpetual licence of a TPA table, I have just played one game of a new table.

And frankly I found the rules and shots on the table really boring.

So the older 90's tables offer better rulesets for me. In a time when pinball design was prestigious, not a monopoly. ;-)

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
The other day I played the new STERN AC / DC table here in Brisbane. The operator prices the cost per play at $2 per credit. $3 for regulation play. For the price of a perpetual licence of a TPA table, I have just played one game of a new table.

And frankly I found the rules and shots on the table really boring.

So the older 90's tables offer better rulesets for me. In a time when pinball design was prestigious, not a monopoly. ;-)

that's insane. were people playing/paying?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
iOS > All current tables (though Party Monsters/NGG will be my last table pack because....)
Android > Base table pack and 2 DLC packs (in a couple weeks will be all caught up)

XBOX360 > All available tables

I'll live in my car before i miss a release.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
I've got all tables currently available for Xbox and PS3. I'll most likely catch up with Xbox when the tables start to flow again.

karl

May 10, 2012
IOS = Everything
Android = Everything except pro ver
Xbox = Everything
PC = Will buy everything
Kickstarter = A lot and will support everyone down the road
WiiU Might buy it
Ouya might buy it

rivalschools

Jun 19, 2012
OS X - bought everything

Ouya - would buy just for TPA.

I probably spend about $15-20/week on real tables, so a fiver here or there for DLC is totally OK by me.

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I'm not ever sure, but I've got everything on XBOX, iOS, Mac, and the last two releases on PS3 only because I couldn't wait. And I donated above $100 on both Kickstarters! So yes, even though I prefer real pinball, TPA satisfies my obsession in-between.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.