How to manually configure joystick?

frodus

Jan 18, 2015
How do you configure the joystick input? I've got a joystick and none of the axis are registering. The buttons configure OK, but I can't set the axis for tilt or the axis for the plunger to even register. They work in other games just fine, but I cannot change them within Pinball Arcade.

I know that Pinball FX2 toggles through the different selections for each of the buttons/axis.

Is there a way to manually configure these so its forced to use Axis 3 as my plunger, Axis 1 and 2 for my x and y tilt?

frodus

Jan 18, 2015
It's keyboard emulator. I built a cabinet and it's a VirtuaPin digital plunger kit V2. Acts like a joystick. Tried with and without x360ce. Would be nice to force it to use an axis.... Since my nudge is a real accelerometer and I can't exactly till my cab back and forth.

frodus

Jan 18, 2015
Any tips or suggestions?

Right now, with an actual tilt mechanism and real plunger, there's really no way to configure the game to use my setup.

I can either use as a normal joystick (x,y,z axis and like 12 buttons) or as an xbox360 controller using x360ce

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If it's a keyboard emulator, pretty much the only thing you can do is go into the keyboard controls and customize from there. That's what I do for my Xarcade. Hopefully they'll add more cab options eventually.

Last edited:

frodus

Jan 18, 2015
Let me start over.

It shows up on the computer as a joystick. I use another program if I want to emulate key presses, and another if I want to emulate an xbox360 controller.

As it sits, its a joystick, but because I can't pick up my entire cabinet and calibrate the tilt axis, I can't really configure those. The plunger won't even register, but works in windows and in other programs.

PinballFX2 lets you click through the options which makes it pretty simple for setup..... wondering if there's a manual way to tell it x and y axis are x and y tilt, and the plunger is z axis

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts