HP Sauce?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Is it different than regular baked beans you usually see here in the U.S.? Does beans and toast usually have cheese on it? And is the toast buttered?

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
You guys are making me hungry! I will have to keep my eye out for some of that sauce.

I love me a good ol' BLT preferably with a garden fresh tomato.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is it different than regular baked beans you usually see here in the U.S.? Does beans and toast usually have cheese on it? And is the toast buttered?
They're the same but different. If you see what I mean. Like Coke and Pepsi, if you will.

The toast is not normally buttered but who can tell when it's covered in beans?

invitro

May 4, 2012
After the bacon and beans you need some dessert, like

I am sure that [MENTION=4507]Dedpop[/MENTION] enjoys this tasty treat.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
hp sauce hasnt been the same since they moved production to poland, its more watery and more vingeary, im thinking of switching to daddies, just saying, their are more up market ones but eff that

Are you sure about Poland?
Why, yes. In an age of globalisation, most national identities are fake more or less. :)
When the Americans (Heinz) bought HP Foods (HP Sauce, Daddies, etc.) in 2006, the production moved from England to
the Netherlands. That was big news in the UK and caused a lot of anger.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I like using HP sauce on a burger, and don't forget some grilled onions. I'm sure that's not proper, but it's good!
You got a problem with mustard?

mustard-rub-burgers-8.jpg

Guys! Let's have a picnic!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They seem to use mustard on burgers more in the southern part of the U.S. Not sure why, but that's been my travel experience.

I really don't mind mustard and ketchup on a burger. Just don't put ketchup on my hot dogs.

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
You got a problem with mustard?

Guys! Let's have a picnic!
nah I dig mustard, but not really on burgers. I actually prefer my burgers with just a hint of BBQ or steak sauce. A HINT. No mayo, ketchup, mustard or any other sauces, its too messy.

Now hotdogs....mustard and onion all the way. :cool:

Pinball picnic sounds awesome.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
nah I dig mustard, but not really on burgers. I actually prefer my burgers with just a hint of BBQ or steak sauce. A HINT. No mayo, ketchup, mustard or any other sauces, its too messy.

Now hotdogs....mustard and onion all the way. :cool:

Pinball picnic sounds awesome.

What would you serve at a pinball picnic?

Big Juicy Melons for starters.
Then I'll have the burger... and fries!

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Ok, I need some help from my friends out there, especially those from Britain. I was in the dollar store today and they had bottles of HP Sauce for $1. So I picked up a bottle, but I'm not sure what to put it on. Do I treat it like steak sauce? What do you like it on?

Thanks

There is hardly any emergency in my household greater than running out of HP Sauce. Sausage rolls, Cornish pasties, basically any kind of meat perhaps combined with pastry dish benefits highly. Meat pies, quiches, steak, or just a bacon sandwich. If you can find $1 bottles where you are I might have to bring over the truck. It's fairly easy to find these days, unlike back in the day when if travelling to England we'd bring an extra suitcase just to fill up with things like HP sauce, but at $1, that's ridiculously cheap.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yeah, that's why I bought it. Never saw it in a Dollar Tree before. I figured for a buck I'd pick it up even though I had no idea what to put it on. Gonna grill some steaks this weekend and give it a shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.