Hurricane Twitchstream...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
They did say Hurricane should be out on mobile and PC Friday. They didn't anticipate any delays.
Other than that, I don't remember anything huge, but I was also making dinner at the time. So I could have missed something good.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah no information to come out of it other than they weren't expecting an iOS delay for Hurricane, and they're apparently close to getting a Wii-U release - mentioned there are two more Nintendo security passes to go through.

Looks like they did a good job with Hurricane though. Not sure how well it will go over with the masses but I've always enjoyed playing it when I've come across one.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
They also said something about PS4. But I wasn't fully paying attention. I heard them say that they didn't have a date yet, but to check Facebook. Although I missed what they said before that, I think they said that they submitted it to Sony.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Gotta give credit where credit is due. That's Deedpop's thing. I've never seen that before, just figured it was from something that people knew. 1986? That's the year I was born. And pinbot, high speed, Raven, and that one with the creepy backglass and the purple question mark ramps, Genisis? I already tried to look it up, but spelled it wrong and gave up because terminator kept popping up in the search. Anyways, I've watched a promo video that looked pretty cool of Hurricane a while ago. Looked cool, but I gotta be honest and say I really don't know anything about it

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
Looks like they did a good job with Hurricane though. Not sure how well it will go over with the masses but I've always enjoyed playing it when I've come across one.

Yeah, I've been hoping Hurricane would come since the beginning of TPA. I don't think it's going to be a popular choice, but I've got some good memories of it and it's a fun, simple pin.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, I've been hoping Hurricane would come since the beginning of TPA. I don't think it's going to be a popular choice, but I've got some good memories of it and it's a fun, simple pin.

The only time I've ever played Hurricane wasn't much to speak of, mostly because the machine was worn to heck with no working speakers and one weak flipper. (the other didn't work). Let's see if playing a well working version (even in simulation) can change my mind. That's another advantage of having TPA around.

I like your profile picture-that's another overdue machine for TPA, IMO. Season 6 perhaps?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I last played a (real) Hurricane 23 or so years ago. Was in pretty decent condition for being in a student bar.

The Dummy (spot target between the two ramps) is a real drainer. Except it's essential for getting EBs lit. (The other way, hitting the Cats (right-hand bank of spots), to light mystery awards at the Juggler (lane between the Ferris Wheel and center ramp) in the hope of getting Lite EB or getting a Bonus X to advance towards either the 3x or 6x EB, is long-winded, also dangerous, and not guaranteed.)

There are only 3 (or 4?) guaranteed EBs, depending on the set up: 3x bonus (once), 6x bonus (once), replay score, and maybe Special (one guaranteed Special lit for the 3rd multiball). So no going infinite.

That said if you can get the timing on either ramp down, there's unlimited millions to be had. Especially in multiball, you can keep looping the right ramp to get 8M for every 3 ramps (1+2+5, rinse and repeat).

Jackpots and Clown Time give decent scores but aren't worth chasing, just let them happen.

Then there's the post-multiball playfield multiplier, keep a mystery lit for that because you could notch a 5x5M mystery award. Since the max jackpot is 15.9M, that's a nice catch if it comes your way.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
What's happening to the other guy that used to do the twitch stream (can't remember his name), as I've notice that younger guy in the last 3 streams or so?

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
What's happening to the other guy that used to do the twitch stream (can't remember his name), as I've notice that younger guy in the last 3 streams or so?

His name was Badger.I think he left Farsight.Got married and left.Now they have this new kid on the stream.Max is his name!

Last edited:

emorse

Banned
Jun 3, 2014

Devin (AKA Badger).

He left the company and started his own PC repair business.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts